Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 06:30 AM

1,985 posts, read 2,069,352 times

Advertisements

Sad what's happening to malls. Better stick to Amazon prime. Sad.

Hundreds of crimes reported at local malls | WCNC.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 06:41 AM

48 posts, read 70,608 times
More and more law abiding citizens have concealed pistol permits, issued by their local sheriff, and would like to carry at a mall for personal protection. Sad, but many malls are gun-free-zones (some say killing-zones) and legally do not permit any weapons - but criminals don't care. Trump for president.

Old 03-01-2016, 07:31 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,684,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essequamvideri View Post
Sad what's happening to malls. Better stick to Amazon prime. Sad.

Hundreds of crimes reported at local malls | WCNC.com
I'm a boomer. I remember the rise of malls & the decline of shopping centers & downtown shopping districts. Malls have lost their luster.

Arming people to the teeth is no more of an answer than blaming any single group of people. People need jobs that pay a living wage.

Old 03-01-2016, 07:41 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,160,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I'm a boomer. I remember the rise of malls & the decline of shopping centers & downtown shopping districts. Malls have lost their luster.

Arming people to the teeth is no more of an answer than blaming any single group of people. People need jobs that pay a living wage.
Lol. Come to Danbury Mall in Connecticut some day and see if that applies. You can barely get a parking space. Its more a southern problem with the crime unless you are in one of the urban cities up here at malls..lets face it.

Old 03-01-2016, 07:46 AM

547 posts, read 774,340 times
Went to SouthPark mall last weekend and you would have thought It was Christmas. The parking lot was full all the way around.

Old 03-01-2016, 07:53 AM

48 posts, read 70,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post

>"Arming people to the teeth"

Far from legal law abiding concealed personal protection. You may want to educate yourself on firearms and the constitution.

Old 03-01-2016, 07:59 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,684,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Lol. Come to Danbury Mall in Connecticut some day and see if that applies. You can barely get a parking space. Its more a southern problem with the crime unless you are in one of the urban cities up here at malls..lets face it.
Malls have also been failing in Philadelphia & South Jersey. I think that some have failed in Maryland as well.

Old 03-01-2016, 08:03 AM

569 posts, read 1,409,957 times
Not sure what Trump for President has to do with shopping malls. Having more guns is not the answer. Fighting fire with fire does not always solve the problem, the Iraq war proved that.

Education and more mental screening for gun control would be a good place to start. Having a bunch of armed Soccer Moms would be worse than no guns at all. I speak from experience, most ordinary people cannot accurately fire a pistol when under stress, they flounder.

Old 03-01-2016, 08:03 AM

261 posts, read 380,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Hardly: DeadMalls.com: Stories

Old 03-01-2016, 08:21 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,730,375 times
Plus 1 for AMAZON PRIME. Keeps me away from the riff-raff!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: