U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 05:04 PM

44 posts, read 40,539 times

Advertisements

Okay, I tried several times to get in the hospital. I can't. Now, somebody told me that I need to go in person, but who do I talk to?

I've been told many of times that applying on the internet is not going to get me a job.

So, tell me who do I talk to? I'm pursuing a degree in Medical Office Administration. THERE ARE TONS of clerical/medical office jobs, and I hate the fact that I have to go to great extremes to get one.

I would love some help???

Thanks, y'all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 06:11 AM

5,975 posts, read 17,559,055 times
Go to Presbyterian in Uptown. They have an HR office that takes in applications.The Carolina Healthcare System website has a phone number and location for when you can fill up apps. I believe this one is in the Park Rd. location but please check just to be sure. Their website just takes resumes and not for any particular position. It is easy to get lost here.Not sure I would recommend Piedmont, but you may want to do that as well while you're at it.

Old 02-10-2008, 06:45 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,023,037 times
Sorry, but you will have to put in some legwork to get these jobs. Not only are there many openings, but there are many people qualified to fill the jobs and CPCC has a program that is also turning out grads regularly. To make yourself stand out from the crowd, yes, you are going to have to put some effort into it.

I am in healthcare management and I assure you, you will get lost in the stack of resumes that get cranked into CMC's system if you don't make an in-person contact. Take Bibit's advice and do whatever is necessary to talk to people directly.

Last edited by brokensky; 02-10-2008 at 06:45 AM.. Reason: change word

Old 02-10-2008, 08:05 AM

870 posts, read 3,209,996 times
For most jobs you should apply in person. Filling out on line applications and sending resumes blindly leads no where. If you really want a job, why wouldn't you be out pounding the pavement? Sitting and watching tv while waiting for the phone to ring doesn't work.

Old 02-10-2008, 06:56 PM

743 posts, read 2,024,579 times
I applied online with Presbyterian and got a call the next day. Go online to NovantHealth.org and job information you can view all the available jobs and submit your application for each one. They do actually review them. Carolinas was a lot more difficult when I temped for them I had to go through a temp agency. You can't apply for particular job with them. you just submit your resume and if they feel you meet their qualifications they will call. Novant is much better to work for anyway, great benefits although their attendance policy is very strict.

Old 02-10-2008, 09:23 PM

316 posts, read 288,178 times
Look on the website - get someones e-mail and e-mail them a personal e-mail and talkto them - we are all people and love to interact with others -tell them your story and get them to send your resume for you - they get a bonus for referals! Good luck!

Old 02-11-2008, 09:56 PM

44 posts, read 40,539 times
Thanks y'all

Old 02-15-2008, 04:20 PM

111 posts, read 124,102 times
I would advise against Novant/Presby! Check out their record with the IC. Good luck!

Old 02-15-2008, 06:55 PM

429 posts, read 670,711 times
I might suggest that if you see a job posted on the website or in the paper, call HR and ask for the HR person in charge of interviews for that job (give them the job title, job # any and all information you have). Each dept. has their own human resources person, unit secretary, medical record clerks, NA, translators, interpreters, etc. are not all interviewed by the same person. When you get the name of the person asked to speak with them. If you get the voicemail leave a message telling that what job your calling about and if it's not filled, please give you a call back. At this point you have a contact person. Usually they will forward any applications to the Nurse Mgr. or dept. head who will then tell the HR person if he/she would like to interview any of the applicants in person. This is a long, time consuming process. The longer a position goes unfilled the better off the dept. budget is, in MOST cases, not all. If a clerk or sec. position is open, the others or the PRN employees just cover the slack for however long it takes to get someone in there. I have heard of people applying for a job and getting a call 7 months later. Just be persistant. Good Luck.

Old 02-17-2008, 07:22 PM

38 posts, read 104,098 times
Default IC meaning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb113072 View Post
I would advise against Novant/Presby! Check out their record with the IC. Good luck!
hi
i am still learning the lingo. what does IC stand for?
thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte