Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2008, 07:00 PM

15 posts, read 40,951 times

Advertisements

I have been trying to research daycare centers for my son in the sw area of charlotte and I don't seem to really find any. Can anyone please let me know if there is a need for them in this area? anywhere in Lake Wylie, Steel Creek, etc... around these areas? I have come across a few but they are like 30 minutes away. I'm looking for something that won't take me this long to get to. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 07:09 PM

672 posts, read 1,831,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joce-joce View Post
I have been trying to research daycare centers for my son in the sw area of charlotte and I don't seem to really find any. Can anyone please let me know if there is a need for them in this area? anywhere in Lake Wylie, Steel Creek, etc... around these areas? I have come across a few but they are like 30 minutes away. I'm looking for something that won't take me this long to get to. Thanks.
Yes, we have daycares in this area. Tutor time is in Steele Creek on Erwin RD. I know there is also a le petite but that isn't in the best location of Steele Creek. There is a nice Kids R Kids daycare just across the border in Fort Mill, SC, that is the one I would pick if I had to send my kids to daycare:
Kids R Kids - Schools of Quality Learning

Do your homework on the daycares. I personally wouldn't go with a daycare that did not have cameras and that didn't have an open door policy. Good luck.

Old 03-08-2008, 07:30 PM

578 posts, read 2,599,377 times
There's also Lollipop on John Price road, I think it's called. My best friend checked out the La Petite and none of us were impressed.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:08 PM

2,445 posts, read 7,453,580 times
It is called Lollipop. There are also church preschools in the area. As nkjaws said please do your research. You should also become familiar with NC laws so you know when to run from a bad center. NC is one of 13 states (others are Colorado, District of Columbia, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Montana, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and Vermont) with a multiple level Quality Rating System.

ETA: Here are search results from the NC Division of Child Development. You can search by city, zipcode and facility name or type. The site also has a checklist you can take with you when you visit a center.

If you click on the DCD Visits tab, you can see additional information about the center. For example the La Petite recently had two complaints that led to a DCD visit.

Last edited by NCgirl; 03-08-2008 at 08:34 PM..

Old 03-09-2008, 07:02 AM

797 posts, read 3,296,040 times
There is also a bright horizons off s. tryon (in the business park). Also the church at the corner of westinghouse/tryon has a preschool.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:29 AM

672 posts, read 1,831,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travlingrlclt View Post
There is also a bright horizons off s. tryon (in the business park). Also the church at the corner of westinghouse/tryon has a preschool.
If I were picking a daycare, I would go with kids r kids over Bright Horizons any day. Used to work at a Bright Horizons, thumbs down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte