U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2008, 12:02 PM

6 posts, read 30,416 times

Advertisements

After almost 30 years of service my employer decided to down size the company and unfortunately my job was terminated. May be God has different plan for me. I am an educated professional who is looking for a job in Charlotte area. My experience is in Food manufacturing and technical support area.

It is hard to find a work in food manufacturing and technical service area in Charlotte and I love this city and would like to stay here if I can. I do visit Flea Markets in this area time to time and I would like to start work on weekends or according to flea market schedule. I was never involve with that type of business but I am interested in it. I looking for guidance from someone who is involve with it. I am a hard working man who is honest and trying to make my ends meet.

Please respond to my email, if anyone can help. I will be very thankful to you. Sincerely, MK

Last edited by mkirt1234; 02-10-2008 at 12:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2008, 01:24 PM

2 posts, read 10,967 times
Hello mkirt1234,

I read your post wasn't too sure what you were wanting to do in regards to flea markets. Check out these two sites to see if they can help you in anyway. charlottefleamarket.net and barnyardfleamarkets.com. Good luck!

Old 02-13-2008, 06:15 PM

716 posts, read 1,906,413 times
I'm not sure what you're looking to do either, but I know there's a flea market in the Pineville area near the SC border. This is their website:
Barnyard Flea Market at Pineville-Nearest Flea Market place for Rock Hill and Charlotte Flea market For all kinds Shops for Antiques and Collectibles in Pineville North Carolina (http://www.barnyardfleamarkets.com/Pineville/Pineville_home.asp - broken link)

Old 02-25-2008, 05:53 AM

Default Flea Market Business

Hello mkirt1234,

I read your post wasn't too sure what you were wanting to do in regards to flea markets. Check out these two sites to see if they can help you in anyway. charlottefleamarket.net and barnyardfleamarkets.com. Good luck![/quote]

Old 02-25-2008, 05:57 AM

Default Flea Market Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by ket1008 View Post
Hello mkirt1234,

I read your post wasn't too sure what you were wanting to do in regards to flea markets. Check out these two sites to see if they can help you in anyway. charlottefleamarket.net and barnyardfleamarkets.com. Good luck!

Thank you for your response. I would like to start work some time of product selling in flea market on a regular basis to earn some money as I have two children going to school and old parent who are diseable. I am an educated person but unemployed at present time. I want to do something like flea market type business and an looking for guidance, direction and moral support. I am not a lazy person, but I do not have experience in the area. Please let me know the next step.

Old 02-25-2008, 06:59 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,009,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkirt1234 View Post
Thank you for your response. I would like to start work some time of product selling in flea market on a regular basis to earn some money as I have two children going to school and old parent who are diseable. I am an educated person but unemployed at present time. I want to do something like flea market type business and an looking for guidance, direction and moral support. I am not a lazy person, but I do not have experience in the area. Please let me know the next step.
I would assume you have to rent a space, so that would be the next step - call them and find out how much it costs to rent a space and if they provide tables or if you have to provide your own set up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte