U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-10-2008, 01:15 PM
 
4,222 posts, read 6,708,200 times
Reputation: 1560

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me what experiences you have had with Mi-Connection in Cornelius, Davidson, or Mooresville. They seem a bit expensive compared to other cable companies. Would you recommend them or digital/satellite T.V.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-10-2008, 01:41 PM
 
Location: The 12th State
22,974 posts, read 58,460,862 times
Reputation: 14917
It is very new company, so you will get only a few who can compare the service.
__________________
[B][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Im the moderator for
[/COLOR][/B][URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/north-carolina/"]North Carolina main forum[/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/greensboro-winston-salem-high-point/"]Triad [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/coastal-north-carolina/"]Coastal [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/western-north-carolina/"]Western [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/charlotte/"]Charlotte [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/york-lancaster-counties/"]York & Lancaster[/URL]

[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html"]Terms of Service. No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks[/URL]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2008, 02:10 PM
 
Location: Back in the Mitten. Formerly NC
3,819 posts, read 5,170,476 times
Reputation: 5259
It just recently switched. My last bill was the same. There was a day about a week and a half that the internet was VERY SLOOOOOWWWWW and didn't work at all for a little bit and the cable was scratchy all day. I figure it was part of the switching over. It lasted a few hours. Other than that, I couldn't notice the transition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2008, 02:41 PM
 
4,222 posts, read 6,708,200 times
Reputation: 1560
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
It just recently switched. My last bill was the same. There was a day about a week and a half that the internet was VERY SLOOOOOWWWWW and didn't work at all for a little bit and the cable was scratchy all day. I figure it was part of the switching over. It lasted a few hours. Other than that, I couldn't notice the transition.
Can you bundle with the company? Do they have phone service? Thanks for info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2008, 03:56 PM
 
Location: Back in the Mitten. Formerly NC
3,819 posts, read 5,170,476 times
Reputation: 5259
I am not too sure. I live in an apartment where they make me pay $40 extra in rent to include basic cable, then I added digital, DVR and internet. I use Vonage for phone service. For my upgrades and internet, I pay about $50. I know TWC bundled and it would have been cheaper, but I had no choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2008, 05:40 PM
 
4,222 posts, read 6,708,200 times
Reputation: 1560
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
I am not too sure. I live in an apartment where they make me pay $40 extra in rent to include basic cable, then I added digital, DVR and internet. I use Vonage for phone service. For my upgrades and internet, I pay about $50. I know TWC bundled and it would have been cheaper, but I had no choice.
Thanks for the info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2008, 08:00 AM
 
2 posts, read 18,178 times
Reputation: 10
Vindaloo,

I am the marketing/public relations coordinator for MI-Connection in Mooresville. You can review our published rates at Make MI-Connection Your Connection. I read your later post about bundling. We will be able to offer telephone service, and a bundle, after we complete the upgrade to our cable system. It will start in April and be complete by the 1st quarter of 2009. Do you have any other questions?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2008, 02:44 PM
 
4,222 posts, read 6,708,200 times
Reputation: 1560
Quote:
Originally Posted by smunsey View Post
Vindaloo,

I am the marketing/public relations coordinator for MI-Connection in Mooresville. You can review our published rates at Make MI-Connection Your Connection. I read your later post about bundling. We will be able to offer telephone service, and a bundle, after we complete the upgrade to our cable system. It will start in April and be complete by the 1st quarter of 2009. Do you have any other questions?

Thanks!
I actually decided to go with Mi-Connection. I just ordered the very basic cable until I move to my new residence on a full time basis. At this time, it isn't possible to bundle with phone service is it? I will upgrade everything when I move up permanently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2008, 07:05 AM
 
2 posts, read 18,178 times
Reputation: 10
Default MI-Connection

Vindaloo,
At this time, no. However, we will add telephone service after our upgrade is complete. The upgrade will be complete by the first quarter 2009. In addition to telephone service, we will also be able to add channels, including HD channels and Video on Demand. The future is bright for MI-Connection and its customers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2008, 07:11 PM
 
Location: Lake Norman NC
47 posts, read 172,072 times
Reputation: 26
So far we had a lot of problems, dropped connections, periods of no service and really rude customer service. I am investigating alternatives but its looking not good. satellite is much slower so we may be stuck with it. For over $120/month I would expect better service though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top