U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 07:27 AM

8 posts, read 8,363 times

Advertisements

Hey!!!! So this Florida chick just found out we are moving to Gastonia in 2 weeks. I'm super excited because I have wanted to explore a new state my whole life and North Carolina is where we wanted! Can y'all tell me about your city? Will be looking to live in Gastonia or maybe smaller towns around? What are things to do!? How are the schools? Will be looking for a home as well. Yay!!!! Anything you could tell me would be awesome! We have two children Elementary School. I'm so excited!!!!!! Can you tell?? Haha
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2016, 07:46 AM

398 posts, read 404,664 times
I'd recommend Belmont. Its close to Gastonia, close to Charlotte, has good schools and a nice, renovated downtown

Old 03-13-2016, 08:53 AM

23,516 posts, read 29,369,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slhalpin View Post
Hey!!!! So this Florida chick just found out we are moving to Gastonia in 2 weeks. I'm super excited because I have wanted to explore a new state my whole life and North Carolina is where we wanted! Can y'all tell me about your city? Will be looking to live in Gastonia or maybe smaller towns around? What are things to do!? How are the schools? Will be looking for a home as well. Yay!!!! Anything you could tell me would be awesome! We have two children Elementary School. I'm so excited!!!!!! Can you tell?? Haha
Are you planning to rent or buy? What is your housing budget? What are your interests?

Old 03-14-2016, 11:12 AM

2 posts, read 3,048 times
The Ranlo area (exit 21 off 85) is a nice quiet area. The elementary school (Brookside) is fantastic...our kids love it there and we love the teachers and staff.

Old 03-16-2016, 04:53 PM

5,373 posts, read 2,294,280 times
I would suggest SE Gastonia, Belmont, Cramerton, and McAdenville. The areas are really nice, family-friendly, and have good schools. Crowder's Mnt. State Park, Stowe Botanical Gardens, Schiel Nature Museum, Lake Wylie, are all in the area. Lots of parks as well. It's also the easiest commute to Charlotte. I love living here.

Old 03-16-2016, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
I would suggest SE Gastonia, Belmont, Cramerton, and McAdenville. The areas are really nice, family-friendly, and have good schools. Crowder's Mnt. State Park, Stowe Botanical Gardens, Schiel Nature Museum, Lake Wylie, are all in the area. Lots of parks as well. It's also the easiest commute to Charlotte. I love living here.
Which high school is McAdenville zoned to?

Old 03-17-2016, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Which high school is McAdenville zoned to?
I think it would be Stuart Cramer HS

Old 03-17-2016, 12:48 PM

Quote:
I think it would be Stuart Cramer HS
It was my understanding that Stuart Cramer would draw from Cramerton, part of Belmont, & a small part of Mt Holly. I didn't know if McAdenville would be zoned to Stuart Cramer or East Gaston. Does McAdenville send to Cramerton Middle?

Old 03-17-2016, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
It was my understanding that Stuart Cramer would draw from Cramerton, part of Belmont, & a small part of Mt Holly. I didn't know if McAdenville would be zoned to Stuart Cramer or East Gaston. Does McAdenville send to Cramerton Middle?
I could be wrong. I know McAdenville use to feed into Ashbrook, but the attendance lines might have been changed since Stuart Cramer opened. Also, I'm not sure if McAdenville feeds into Cramerton MS or Holbrook MS. It might be better if the OP called the Gaston County school offices to make sure.

Old 03-17-2016, 03:24 PM

Quote:
I could be wrong. I know McAdenville use to feed into Ashbrook, but the attendance lines might have been changed since Stuart Cramer opened. Also, I'm not sure if McAdenville feeds into Cramerton MS or Holbrook MS. It might be better if the OP called the Gaston County school offices to make sure.
I think I saw that Cramerton Middle feeds to Stuart Cramer. They used to feed to Forestview.

Since the job listed by the OP is in Gastonia, they could also look in Kings Mountain on the Cleveland County side. The kids on the Gaston side of town are assigned to Bessemer City. Some pay to go to the Cleveland County schools & some go to Gaston Day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte