U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2016, 02:28 PM

16 posts, read 26,738 times

Advertisements

Any other Philadelphia Flyer fans out there in Charlotte?? Does anyone know where there would be a great Philly hockey bar to watch games at??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2016, 07:04 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,263,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neups016 View Post
Any other Philadelphia Flyer fans out there in Charlotte?? Does anyone know where there would be a great Philly hockey bar to watch games at??
Being a hockey fan is tough in charlotte. There's only two places I know that have hockey on all the time. That's tavern on the tracks in south end, and killingtons in huntersville. both are owned by the same family, and they are from buffalo, and have the center ice package to show all the games. I believe Buffalo wild wings may have the packages, but I'm not 100 percent sure on that. Anyway Hopefully your Flyers show up next game. Go Pens

Old 03-20-2016, 08:17 PM

5,869 posts, read 7,701,590 times
Yeah I don't think there are a ton of hockey fans here at all (I know I'm not one). I've never been but I've heard Steamers in East Charlotte is a big Eagles bar so I would think would be worth a shot for the Flyers.

Old 03-22-2016, 09:20 AM

3,322 posts, read 4,533,359 times
There's no such thing as a cool place to watch Flyers games.

Go Rangers!!

Old 03-23-2016, 10:25 AM

4,714 posts, read 8,457,827 times
The owners of Mac's Speed Shop are big Pittsburgh fans so they usually have Cindy Crosby and the Pens on. They usually have a lot of the playoff games on too.

When we first moved here we had Checkers season tickets for a few years and met a lot of local hockey fans - all Checkers fans, but also fans of many NHL teams. That said, there are not really any hockey-centric bars in the area. We just opt for a Center Ice package, have a few beers at home, and have friends over to watch games.

Go Caps!

Old 03-23-2016, 01:35 PM

1,985 posts, read 1,383,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
The owners of Mac's Speed Shop are big Pittsburgh fans so they usually have Cindy Crosby and the Pens on. They usually have a lot of the playoff games on too.

When we first moved here we had Checkers season tickets for a few years and met a lot of local hockey fans - all Checkers fans, but also fans of many NHL teams. That said, there are not really any hockey-centric bars in the area. We just opt for a Center Ice package, have a few beers at home, and have friends over to watch games.

Go Caps!

Cindy? Be honest, you've had more than a "few". Right?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte