Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2008, 11:26 AM

1 posts, read 22,117 times

Advertisements

hi,
New to the area, moved from WI want to take my dmv test, read somewhere that the manual is a waste of time, so where is the cheat sheet? I'm not good at taking tests to begin with so anything that will help would be great...
Thanks!

Old 02-11-2008, 11:38 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,064,861 times
You're kidding...right?
The test is done on computer....and every test is not the same...so I don't think you could cheat, but why would you want to? The manual has ALL the answers...study that.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:45 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,102,358 times
I don't know if all the tests use computers these days . . . but the questions are not big deal. The laws don't vary that much from state to state, anyway. Just stuff like - required to turn on lights if your windshield wipers are on, etc.

Never heard of a cheat sheet.

With all the crappy driving we see from newcomers . . . please read the book so you won't add to the confusion here. This is for your safety as well as the rest of ours.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:50 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,266,106 times
I agree plus there are new laws added to the handbook about every year that you will need to know that may only apply to North Carolina. There are things you need to know about driving that may only apply to this state. We do not know if you are a brand new driver, from out of state, out of country and the handbook is very informative on how to drive on the roads and how to react to certain situations. Regardless if your in state retaking the test why should we subject those who are new to create reckless behavior on our roads. We already notice an increase in road rage. If people drive like the handbook suggest we could get along better on the roads. The handbook is available online NCDOT Division of Motor Vehicles: Driver Handbook and it has sample questions.
Study the road signs as it is the vision test. Hint the test is without words or pictures of the sign for instance speed limit is a white rectangle with a black border and thats it.
When taking written test on computer take alcohol pads for the head sets you do not want a ear infection.
We are not trying to be harsh just want everyone be safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte