U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 06:04 PM

3,411 posts, read 3,199,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 310onPCH View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I did a quick search of Concord, Harrisburg and Kannapolis and found a few really sweet houses well within our budget. I'm not at all familiar with that area. Are there good restaurants, coffee shops, movie theaters and the like close by? I assume they have good grocery stores. The South Park mall is a big draw with its stores and restaurants, shops, etc... proximity to that drew us to south Charlotte as well as these boards and a couple friends who live in Charlotte. Also there seem to be some nice parks in that area as well. Does Concord, Harrisburg have a downtown type area that's walkable or do folks go to uptown?
Concord (area near Concord Mills which is an outlet mall) has Publix and Harris Teeter for grocery stores as well as 201 Central, Super Target and Walmart, Fresh Market, Trader Joes and not far is an Earth Fare.Concord Mills and Northlake are the malls in the area. There are good restaurants around here. Go in any direction and you will find a good one. Movie theatre at Concord Mills. Downtown Concord is walkable which is about 20 minutes from Concord Mills area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2016, 11:10 AM

10 posts, read 11,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley09swb View Post
Concord (area near Concord Mills which is an outlet mall) has Publix and Harris Teeter for grocery stores as well as 201 Central, Super Target and Walmart, Fresh Market, Trader Joes and not far is an Earth Fare.Concord Mills and Northlake are the malls in the area. There are good restaurants around here. Go in any direction and you will find a good one. Movie theatre at Concord Mills. Downtown Concord is walkable which is about 20 minutes from Concord Mills area.
What a difference a week makes I guess. The brokerage/venture captital firm I work for is now considering moving this satellite office to South Carolina. Perhaps just across the border or maybe even to Charleston. Citing the laws regarding discrimination against homosexual & transgender people that I guess has been in the news recently down there. I don't watch the national news being 'not consistent with the values of equality for all' they uphold. While I commend them for standing up for equality, I suspect they may have found a more economically advantageous reason to consider South Carolina. After researching Charlotte for a few months I hope we don't have to start over from scratch.

Old 04-15-2016, 10:47 AM

18 posts, read 28,893 times
How did you miss Highland Creek? It's a fantastic neighborhood for kids! I love the trees an seeing neighbors out walking. With a golf course, tennis, bocce, disk golf and basketball courts and 5 pools, you should really consider it. It's a hot neighborhood though, so if you see something you like, make a good offer quickly.

Old 04-15-2016, 11:13 AM

777 posts, read 1,307,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteRental View Post
How did you miss Highland Creek? It's a fantastic neighborhood for kids! I love the trees an seeing neighbors out walking. With a golf course, tennis, bocce, disk golf and basketball courts and 5 pools, you should really consider it. It's a hot neighborhood though, so if you see something you like, make a good offer quickly.
Curious, Are there many rentals in Highland Creek? What would a 4bdrm rental range be?

My wife is interviewing for a job that would be Charlotte based, but 80% travel. So no daily commute, I'd find a job once we got there. Kids are long gone, so schools not important. MIL may be coming with us so senior activities would be an issue.

Old 04-16-2016, 11:25 AM

21,881 posts, read 27,145,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkman View Post
Curious, Are there many rentals in Highland Creek? What would a 4bdrm rental range be?

My wife is interviewing for a job that would be Charlotte based, but 80% travel. So no daily commute, I'd find a job once we got there. Kids are long gone, so schools not important. MIL may be coming with us so senior activities would be an issue.
Will the travel involve the airport?

Old 04-16-2016, 11:43 AM

Yes, some, not all. Will also be by car anywhere within 300 miles or so. Based in Charlotte for the airport, could be travelling any day or time of the week.

Old 04-16-2016, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Yes, some, not all. Will also be by car anywhere within 300 miles or so. Based in Charlotte for the airport, could be travelling any day or time of the week.
The nearest town to the airport is Belmont. You really should start your own thread or hit the report post on your original question & ask that a moderator spin it off as a separate thread. Your choice, but you aren't just looking for a rental. That will probably be lost in this thread.

Old 04-16-2016, 12:00 PM

Thanks. we've been looking at Belmont, Mt Holly, & up toward the Lake Norman cities where my wife has some friends. Just hadn't heard anything about Highland Creek before, looks like it is in Charlotte city limits, and just wanted some of the basic info. If the position materializes, I will start and thread and get much more in depth.

Old 04-16-2016, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Thanks. we've been looking at Belmont, Mt Holly, & up toward the Lake Norman cities where my wife has some friends. Just hadn't heard anything about Highland Creek before, looks like it is in Charlotte city limits, and just wanted some of the basic info. If the position materializes, I will start and thread and get much more in depth.
It wouldn't hurt to start a thread anyway. The senior citizen issue doesn't come up all that often on this board. Plus someone might be to give you tips for your potential job search.

Old 04-16-2016, 07:18 PM

10 posts, read 11,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteRental View Post
Never heard of Highland Creek. It did not see it mentioned much in the recent threads on this forum not have any of the real estate agents I've talked to told me about it. Is it a planned development? What part of town is it in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or