U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 11:34 AM

50 posts, read 111,302 times

Advertisements

Nothing better than a Friday night in Wisconsin. Off to the Supper Club or Local Tavern, for deep fried perch, or walleye, cole slaw, potato pancakes or fries, relish tray,rolls and butter, cold beer and some peppermint schnapps, all you can eat for $8.95 (excluding beer and schnapps). ...... occasionally indulge in the smelt fry and some deep fried cheese curds. and the further ya go up nort, the better it gits, trivers fish boil,,,,,hmmm. Ya hey dar dat is good eatin.

Kind of miss that dairy-air, always a cheddar-head at heart, but don't miss the cold..... or the FIBS (fine Illinois bretheren(LOL)) in the summer.
As a final note stay retired....BF
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2009, 08:54 PM

24 posts, read 48,886 times
Went to St. Vincent's tonight. Pretty good deal, $7 for piece of fish, tater tots, 4 hush puppies, slaw and drink. Grabbed a piece of pie for an extra dollar. Not like the fish fry's in KY, but it beats the golden arches.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:53 AM

4,222 posts, read 6,711,313 times
Not really into walleyeye or Northern Pike, but I would love to hear of a good ole smelt cookout. You know the smelt cooked in beer batter. Absolutely fab. I'll bring the beer.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:17 AM

532 posts, read 1,566,165 times
Holy Spirit Catholic Church - Denver, North Carolina
In Denver, NC, Holy Spirit Catholic Church also has fish frys every Friday night during lent.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:39 AM

4 posts, read 10,723 times
update on the fish fry scene....

I went to Twin Tops Fish Camp in Gastonia - this place is great! Its a throw back to local fish restaurants in beach towns. We had fried perch and flounder - both were great. This was a fun place to go, very casual and good prices.

St. Matt's has their fish brought in from a local restaurant but I'd rather have it fried on location.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:22 PM

5 posts, read 6,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandibadji View Post
Not really into walleyeye or Northern Pike, but I would love to hear of a good ole smelt cookout. You know the smelt cooked in beer batter. Absolutely fab. I'll bring the beer.

I used to love smelt when I was a kid. I haven't seen a restaurant sell it here, but Harris Teeter's seafood dept often has it.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:48 PM

1,494 posts, read 2,865,113 times
I will have one this weekend , but there are only 10 fish that will be fried.
LOL.

Old 09-24-2009, 05:31 AM

4,010 posts, read 8,926,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obrien10 View Post
update on the fish fry scene....

I went to Twin Tops Fish Camp in Gastonia - this place is great! Its a throw back to local fish restaurants in beach towns. We had fried perch and flounder - both were great. This was a fun place to go, very casual and good prices.....
Interesting all those fish camps out there like that. Twin Tops is indeed very good. I miss Lineburgers as that was quite an experience.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:41 AM

12,405 posts, read 7,457,768 times
So were any of these places good? I'm looking for a place to go this year around the Concord/Universisty City area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte