U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 12:44 PM

1,521 posts, read 4,484,431 times

Advertisements

Yeah I know! My wife does not beleive in AC though (native) and therefore summers can get hot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 12:51 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,193,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QC Misfit View Post
Yeah I know! My wife does not beleive in AC though (native) and therefore summers can get hot
Please don't say it is so! I suffered thru/ such awful hot summers as a child . . . one of my first purchases after college was a window A/C. There is only so much a breeze can do when the breeze feels like an oven blast.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:53 PM

2,560 posts, read 7,721,681 times
Quote:
Native has nothing to do with it. I am from NC and could NOT deal without AC!

Also lived near Syracuse, NY and could NOT deal with AC either!

At least your electric bill should be lower...right?

Old 02-12-2008, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbJ View Post
Can't wait to do four things:

Work in my garden.
Get my fish pond back in shape.
Eat out on the deck.
Eat lunch on a restaurant terrace.
Barb - we must celebrate Spring on a restaurant terrace.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
At least your electric bill should be lower...right?
You would think But between me cutting the A/C on and trying to cool down and the wife cutting it off it gives the meter outside a tough time

Old 02-12-2008, 01:10 PM

Quote:
You would think But between me cutting the A/C on and trying to cool down and the wife cutting it off it gives the meter outside a tough time
That is true. Cutting the air up and down and up and down does make the bill high.

Have you thought about your wife wrapping up?

She can put on more than you can take off and still stay comfortable.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:12 PM
Status: "North of Palm Trees, South of High Taxes" (set 12 days ago)

5,615 posts, read 6,699,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Barb - we must celebrate Spring on a restaurant terrace.
ani - I need to dig up more of that awful clay and replace it with some sandy topsoil on one side of my house. I did the other three sides last year. I also want to rip out the Shumard Oak sapling that the builder planted between the sidewalk and the road and replace it with a male Ginkgo tree in really good soil, so it doesn't come out of a clay "hump". You're right about AC tho'. I suspect Charlotte would have about 100,000 residents if it wasn't for AC. You, Barb and loves, would be "internet Eudora Weltys" typing with one hand while fanning yourselves and drinking lemonade with the other.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
That is true. Cutting the air up and down and up and down does make the bill high.

Have you thought about your wife wrapping up?

She can put on more than you can take off and still stay comfortable.

LOL over 9 years we seem to make it work

For some reason your last sentence makes me think of the commercial where the guy goes "Blinds Closed" and he drops the house coat! Anywho....

Old 02-12-2008, 01:17 PM

Quote:
LOL over 9 years we seem to make it work

For some reason your last sentence makes me think of the commercial where the guy goes "Blinds Closed" and he drops the house coat! Anywho....
I am in the same boat as you. I burn up and the other 1/2 freezes.

We are constantly going behind each other and adjusting the thermostat.

Thank GOD for equal payment plan at Duke Energy...right?

Old 02-12-2008, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
ani - I need to dig up more of that awful clay and replace it with some sandy topsoil on one side of my house. I did the other three sides last year. I also want to rip out the Shumard Oak sapling that the builder planted between the sidewalk and the road and replace it with a male Ginkgo tree in really good soil, so it doesn't come out of a clay "hump". You're right about AC tho'. I suspect Charlotte would have about 100,000 residents if it wasn't for AC. You, Barb and loves, would be "internet Eudora Weltys" typing with one hand while fanning yourselves and drinking lemonade with the other.
Oh - I love Ginkgos!!!! They were very prevalent in Kansas City (one variety). You are gonna be busy, Em. This clay is - well - clay and sometimes like a brick.

And no . . . I don't fan myself. When I get hot, I take a sheet, soak it in the bathtub and wrap up in it in front of a fan. (But dear lord - don't make me live w/o the A/C!!!!)

And that would be Sweetened Ice Tea in my hand b/f 5 pm and a G&T w/ a twist after 5 pm, Hee Hee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte