U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2016, 10:41 PM
NDL NDL started this thread

3,142 posts, read 3,614,894 times

Advertisements

The inch worms came out three or more weeks ago.

At first their behavior was amusing...small little colorful worms, crawling their way across my windshield...

But the amusement is gone.

These things are a menace! I've got webs in front of my front door, and as soon as you clear a web, another one will be sure to take it's place.

Even with care, you're bound to hit it's web.

I write all of this with some degree of sarcasm, though i've had enough of the worms - which are no longer cute, amusing, and colorful (they're changing color).

Anyone know how much longer this will last?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2016, 11:39 PM

21,882 posts, read 27,145,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
The inch worms came out three or more weeks ago.

At first their behavior was amusing...small little colorful worms, crawling their way across my windshield...

But the amusement is gone.

These things are a menace! I've got webs in front of my front door, and as soon as you clear a web, another one will be sure to take it's place.

Even with care, you're bound to hit it's web.

I write all of this with some degree of sarcasm, though i've had enough of the worms - which are no longer cute, amusing, and colorful (they're changing color).

There's a brewery that will take them.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:27 AM

469 posts, read 876,285 times
Talking Just be glad they're not yard-worms

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
After hatching, canker worms hang around for about one month before pupating. They don't all hatch at the same time, so you'll be feeling them for more than a month. I banded my trees and stopped a bunch of lady moths from laying their eggs, but still have cankerworms, probably from my neighbors.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:13 AM
NDL NDL started this thread

3,142 posts, read 3,614,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
There's a brewery that will take them.
Appreciate that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsmobile View Post
After hatching, canker worms hang around for about one month before pupating. They don't all hatch at the same time, so you'll be feeling them for more than a month. I banded my trees and stopped a bunch of lady moths from laying their eggs, but still have cankerworms, probably from my neighbors.
Thanks for the info! We're in a new (to us ) house, and I never before experienced this degree of activity. Keep tracking them into the house, and if you're not mindful of how you kill them, they make a mess.

Old 04-09-2016, 06:40 PM

1,803 posts, read 6,267,432 times
Oh wow! I just got back from the Charlotte area a couple of weeks ago spending time with my college student "child". I had NEVER heard of the Inch Worm with the exception of the old Preskool ride on toy, lol. Anyway, I made the mistake of parking under a tree and they got on me and in the car. Ugh!! On the drive back to Georgia, I noticed one making its way along the arm of my fleece pull over. Goodness!!! When I got home i immediately washed my clothes and hair!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or