Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 01:34 PM

5 posts, read 4,829 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

I plan to buy a house in the next few months but my family is really not set on living in the Mooresville area where I work. They like south charlotte better as it is a more central location to charlotte and hate driving 77 north bound and south because traffic is always hell. In this I case have no choice but to commute and would eventually like to get a job at BOA or Wells which is uptown in the IT field. Can anyone of you recommend an area with good schools ? Budget will be around 325 thousand. I actually prefer new construction homes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 03:19 PM

1,763 posts, read 3,291,277 times
Perhaps Highland Creek area to the northeast would be a compromise? Aren't you the one who would be driving I77 in rush hour? You won't find new construction in South Charlotte at that price unless you are far south.

Old 04-08-2016, 04:05 PM

Thanks for the reply. By south I mean areas like Matthews, pineville, fort mill. It doesn't have to be that close to uptown. I have been in the area two years so am still somewhat new to the areas

Old 04-08-2016, 08:13 PM

488 posts, read 798,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeSilver15 View Post
Thanks for the reply. By south I mean areas like Matthews, pineville, fort mill. It doesn't have to be that close to uptown. I have been in the area two years so am still somewhat new to the areas
I cannot fathom the personal torture of commuting from Fort Mill to Mooresville. Are your family sadists? Do they want to never see you? I would not recommend buying anything until you find different employment.

I second Highland Creek area. And a large percentage of Wells' IT is in that area. Good luck

Old 04-08-2016, 08:48 PM

547 posts, read 773,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slakkie View Post
I cannot fathom the personal torture of commuting from Fort Mill to Mooresville. Are your family sadists? Do they want to never see you? I would not recommend buying anything until you find different employment.

I second Highland Creek area. And a large percentage of Wells' IT is in that area. Good luck
I can say that at least some of Wells IT live in Tega Cay and Fort Mill. And we work from home so the commute is not bad.

Old 04-09-2016, 06:40 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,191,456 times
Mooresville is a lot better than Fort Mill, Pineville and probably Matthews too.

Top notch school district. I can't imagine skipping Mooresville for Pineville, Matthews or even Highland Creek... Especially if your job is in Mooresville. You'd do well to start selling them on Mooresville.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:13 AM

743 posts, read 825,242 times
Highland Creek/Concord Mills is somewhere I would consider especially the Cabarrus county side of Highland Creek

Old 04-09-2016, 08:42 AM

Thanks for all your replies i will see if I can convince her of mooresville. If not I will look in the highland creek area. What are some new subdivisions in that area? Is this the cox mill school area I have seen some refer too on the forums. Charlotte is a great city so far by the way

Old 04-09-2016, 09:41 AM

743 posts, read 825,242 times
Quote:
Thanks for all your replies i will see if I can convince her of mooresville. If not I will look in the highland creek area. What are some new subdivisions in that area? Is this the cox mill school area I have seen some refer too on the forums. Charlotte is a great city so far by the way
Quite a few, if you drive around east field rd, poplar tent etc you should see plenty

Old 04-09-2016, 02:13 PM

4,041 posts, read 4,956,338 times
Quote:
Highland Creek is the name of a neighborhood. It's huge and within in it are sections of subdivisions. The Cabarrus side attends Cox Mill ES, Harris Road Middle and Cox Mill HS. Highland Creek is built out. You can check Brookvue or Wellington Chase for new construction. There is also a new section of Skybrook (Cascades I think the neighborhood is called). All of those neighborhoods attend Odell ES,Harris Road Middle and Cox Mill HS. It's off of Poplar Tent near Concord Mills. If you live in this area you could commute to Mooresville via Rte 3.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte