Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2007, 03:35 PM

1 posts, read 3,548 times

Advertisements

Hi- My fiancee and I are moving to the Charlotte area and looking around for housing. I'll be working in the Fort Mill area and wanted to live fairly close to work. Has anyone heard anything about Palmetto Place, Peachtree Place, or Villages of Lake Wylie? Our relo company listed these, but I don't know if I should trust them. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2007, 05:28 PM

1,141 posts, read 3,544,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtown View Post
Hi- My fiancee and I are moving to the Charlotte area and looking around for housing. I'll be working in the Fort Mill area and wanted to live fairly close to work. Has anyone heard anything about Palmetto Place, Peachtree Place, or Villages of Lake Wylie? Our relo company listed these, but I don't know if I should trust them. Thanks!
I whole heartedly suggest you go to apartment ratings dot com and put in those apartment complexes and read the comments.

Old 04-16-2007, 06:20 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,210,054 times
Just a F.Y.I. this subject has been covered before (on the SC side too) and if you do a Search you will find even more information from previous posts. But, I will say that your looking at about the only two apartments that we have here in Fort Mill...and while the apartment ratings sites are a good starting point...you will find that Most apartments are not rated very high no matter where they are (it is what it is...apartment living). I can also tell you that a good percentage of the apartments in those two complexes in Fort Mill are used primarily for folks waiting for their homes to be built. I live in Tega Cay, SC (Fort Mill area) and if you need any more info. feel free to ask (disclaimer: I am not a realtor).

Best to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtown View Post

Old 04-17-2007, 09:53 AM

390 posts, read 1,515,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
Just a F.Y.I. this subject has been covered before (on the SC side too) and if you do a Search you will find even more information from previous posts. But, I will say that your looking at about the only two apartments that we have here in Fort Mill...and while the apartment ratings sites are a good starting point...you will find that Most apartments are not rated very high no matter where they are (it is what it is...apartment living). I can also tell you that a good percentage of the apartments in those two complexes in Fort Mill are used primarily for folks waiting for their homes to be built. I live in Tega Cay, SC (Fort Mill area) and if you need any more info. feel free to ask (disclaimer: I am not a realtor).

Best to you!

I agree about relying too much on apartment ratings online. Lots of survey bias there. Think about who takes the time to go online and find a place to enter a rating -- people who are very unhappy. Same as any kind of service - the complainers are always the loudest. I live in Palmetto Place right now and it's fine for the short term (our house will be ready this summer). If you're looking for a longer time period, I'd suggest looking at one of the townhouse rentals in Waterstone or a house rental in Tega Cay or Fort Mill.

Old 04-17-2007, 10:01 AM

49 posts, read 138,094 times
My husband is there now looking for apts. while we build & he said he thought the villages of lake wylie looked nice, good floor plans, clean, etc.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:28 PM

3 posts, read 6,602 times
I lived at the Villages of Lake Wylie and would never recommend them to anyone. I am not used to the "dummy behind the desk" mentality. Come to find out most major complexes use this tactic. They explain the great ammenities they offer and then when you move in and discover they are broke they say " oh really, I did not know that" and then you run into other tennents and they claim they have pointed out the same situtation. They are a money making heartless garbage dump. Most people needed this with limited options. I have learned a lesson.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:20 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,421,248 times
My neighborhood in Fort Mill is basically all newer duplexes, so you can occasionally find one for rent. I would suggest going this route instead.

Old 04-23-2016, 06:02 AM

1 posts, read 982 times
I'm a single retired teacher, new to the Charlotte area, and I'm looking for a safe place hopefully in the $700 range to rent. It would be great to find someone living in a great area with a large home that has a mother-in-law apartment or guest house to rent. Any leads on something like this or a better forum to ask this question would be greatly appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte