Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 03:16 AM

1,166 posts, read 3,910,413 times

Advertisements

Hey, Berry. Count me in. What do I know? I've eaten street food in more places than I can count and lived to return to Charlotte. I'm not saying that Sanitation Scores are not important, but I can tell you that I wouldn't want one of those inspectors searching the dark recesses of my refrigerator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2008, 05:46 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,799,251 times
I guess I'm just more sensitive to these types of ratings. When I see things like Improperly cleaned surfaces, and mold in tea nozzles it concerns me. I've worked in the food industry for the past 14 years and have a lot of food micro under my belt and when people aren't storing raw meat and cleaning things properly....people tend to get sick.

That being said, I was born in Manhatten and lived in Bensonhurst for a number of years when I was younger and have eaten in some dirty places as well. Maybe we build up a resistance as we grow older.

Old 02-17-2008, 01:18 PM

797 posts, read 3,295,130 times
Anyone know how much Tin Tin is per adult and child under 2?

Old 03-03-2008, 12:42 PM

241 posts, read 891,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travlingrlclt View Post
Anyone know how much Tin Tin is per adult and child under 2?

We went on a Friday night and it was like $18 for an adult and $8 for a child. There is a very big selection of seafood, so I was screwed and it didn't make it worth the money. I can eat shellfish (crab, shrimp, etc.) but I'm allergic to regular fish! So, no sushi, etc. for me. So, if you are a big seafood eater, I'd say go for it - you can probably definitely eat your money's worth. If not, skip it and go to a cheaper chinese food buffet. The regular, americanized chinese food that was there was good but just like most every other chinese food buffet that I have been to and definitely not worth $18. I have heard that the lunch is much cheaper, but once again, not as much seafood.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:08 PM

102 posts, read 313,176 times
I had tin tin and although it had variety the overall quality was average. Someone mentioned dragon buffet and the food is decent there. Lucky Buffet in Rock Hill is very good. They also have a mongolian grill.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:50 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,398,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
the score was 90..what am I missing? its posted in the restaurant..from what I read on the 11/29/07 deplorable? there were 2 comments in Red.. sorry I guess its different here.what do I know I used to eat Brooklyn chinese and China Town Chinese, we dont use scores where we come from thanks for sharing though...
The best places are usually the hole in the wall. Just like you, I don't let ratings decide where I should eat.

Old 03-05-2008, 04:48 AM

102 posts, read 313,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arussell View Post
The best places are usually the hole in the wall. Just like you, I don't let ratings decide where I should eat.
exactly. If its a hole in the wall it usually ends up being real good.

Old 03-09-2008, 03:52 PM

45 posts, read 58,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arussell View Post
A hole in the wall is one thing, a dirty restaurant is quite another! If a score of 80 or even 70 is okay with you, hey no one can argue go for it. I much prefer to eat someplace the score is in the mid 90's. A clean restaurant is not too much to ask for is it?

Old 03-09-2008, 05:09 PM

444 posts, read 1,648,899 times
Tin Tin - go hungry! On Sunday nights you will be out numbered by the Asian customers.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:31 PM

120 posts, read 370,382 times
Folks, I few in last week from Chicago into Charlotte and stayed in Pineville, and realized that Tin Tin was very close by and I have to say, the choices and selections were endless. Got there really early so there were no lines, but by the time we got ready to leave that place there was literally a very long line. This was "the" best Chinese Buffet that I have ever had and that's saying a lot coming for a big city like Chicago. It's pricey, but it is worth it for the seafood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte