Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 05:24 PM

1,908 posts, read 4,982,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan1229 View Post
Doorway you make a good point. I shouldn't have to justify my decision. I just called the wife after reading your post (I'm in Charlotte right now househunting). We're off the WT trail. Great neighborhood, bad powerlines......i'm heading to Lawson and Millbridge and I heard about a neighborhood Providence Forest near Ardrury Kell High School?? It's Orleans.
I'm glad you pulled the plug. I've been reading this post for a while and it just seemed like you were having to talk yourself into that house. There are plenty of others to chooose from. Sounds like your getting into my neck of the woods now. I live off of Audrey Kell. We've been in our new (3 yr old) home for a few months and LOVE it. Let us know how you are making out and if I can help at all.
PS If you have children, this area has an excellent cluster of schools. Feel free to PM.

Last edited by Doorway; 03-12-2008 at 05:28 PM.. Reason: to add PS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2008, 05:26 PM

57 posts, read 224,348 times
Will do. Do you know Providence Forest? It's an Orleans neighborhood out that way. Also heard about Saussy Burbank having a new one there and Saussy has good rep here. Know anything about that one?

Old 03-12-2008, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Will do. Do you know Providence Forest? It's an Orleans neighborhood out that way. Also heard about Saussy Burbank having a new one there and Saussy has good rep here. Know anything about that one?
I just know that Saussey has a very good rep with the natives. They just took over that community for Beazer Homes who was having problems justifying some of the loans they steered purchasers toward. This all happened within the last few weeks. I did look at those models to get some decorating ideas. I like that area, but would suggest you come a lil further up Audrey Kell and check out Bridgehampton. (cross over Johnson Rd and you drive right in) You can probably find a home in your range. They are not brand new, but most are 3-4 years old. Just drive through, I think you will be glad you did.

Old 03-13-2008, 06:37 AM

158 posts, read 411,583 times
Default Newcomers: now that your here: what do you think?

Evan, speaking to you as someone who hasn't moved to Charlotte yet, but of course I'm biased as I have done all my research and purchased my lot on WT, try reading the thread "Newcomers:now that your here: what do yo think?". It just puts the whole thing in perspective a little. And you never know whether your good gut instinct was the one you had initially or the one you had yesterday. I followed power lines on Google earth all across the city of Charlotte and Union COunty before I made my decision. There are soooo many good neighborhoods with these lines in them.

Old 03-13-2008, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybourne View Post
Evan, speaking to you as someone who hasn't moved to Charlotte yet, but of course I'm biased as I have done all my research and purchased my lot on WT, try reading the thread "Newcomers:now that your here: what do yo think?". It just puts the whole thing in perspective a little. And you never know whether your good gut instinct was the one you had initially or the one you had yesterday. I followed power lines on Google earth all across the city of Charlotte and Union COunty before I made my decision. There are soooo many good neighborhoods with these lines in them.
I strongly believe people should listen to thier instincts in EVERY situation. They are there for a reason.
Why not ask a Realtor to show you the average days on market for homes with and without power lines in thier backyard. This should give you "just the facts".

Old 03-13-2008, 01:13 PM

5 posts, read 17,493 times
Default Watch the builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
i think lake forest preserve is even nicer for that kind of money JMO that is in Union as well
Community may be nice but tons of problems with Orleans the builder, I have heard scary storys.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:21 PM

5 posts, read 17,493 times
Default Evan 1229

Quote:
Even did you try the phase 2 in Weddington Trace. If you dont like the lines then look way in the back and see what the builder can do for you there. Great comunity. I looked a long time and have lived in Weddington trace for a year know. I kept coming back here. It will be a very nice neighborhood when its done and I feel the equity growth will be great.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:21 PM

158 posts, read 411,583 times
Default Happy Man

I think your name fits your message. It's great to hear something happy on any one of these message boards. All over the country folk seem to be whining and griping on these boards about one thing or another. Looking forward to my new home, it's great natural surrounding there and this is the kind of neighborhood where I think I'll be able to 'breathe easy'! My kids are excited about the schools too and of course the soccer. Those wonderful gourmet islands really got me!!!! :-)

Old 03-13-2008, 01:43 PM

5 posts, read 18,575 times
Thumbs down Orleans ????

Quote:
Doorway you make a good point. I shouldn't have to justify my decision. I just called the wife after reading your post (I'm in Charlotte right now househunting). We're off the WT trail. Great neighborhood, bad powerlines......i'm heading to Lawson and Millbridge and I heard about a neighborhood Providence Forest near Ardrury Kell High School?? It's Orleans.
I understand you want a nice neighborhood, But dont sacrifice your home for the community. I have been there and done that. I had a terrible time with the building process with Orleans. It was so bad I walked away and delt with it in court witch I won. Look around, sorry you gave up on Weddington Trace, We would of loved to have a new friend. My 2 sence, dont be run off do to the power lines just go to the back section. its beautiful. Ryan homes has done a great job and the comunity is looking better and better every day.

Old 03-13-2008, 07:44 PM

673 posts, read 2,680,830 times
I understand the powerlines are an issue, but there are many lots available that are nowhere near them. There are many nice developments that have powerlines running through them - just look at where John Wieland builds. They have powerlines in many of their communities. As long as the powerlines aren't in your backyard, I don't see what you are worried about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte