Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 09:57 PM

158 posts, read 411,606 times

Advertisements

Just my personal opinion but I think the builder are soooo in need of their reputations being maintained through this current market that they will move mountains to put things right. I would hope that speaks for all of them. Especially with websites like this one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2008, 10:35 PM

8 posts, read 27,390 times
Default wedding trace

I am one of the first buyers, the neighborhood is great, very friendly people, we have had several holiday get togethers, friendly but not intrusive or nosy. the amenities center has had slight delay due to permitting, but my family loves it here, great schools, my daughter went to weddington elementary and high, coming from private christian schools and likes these schools better. the neighborhood is very diverse, young and retired, lots of kids. you will fit right in, ryan homes buildes a nice home. and better yet, they STAND BEHIND IT, ANY PROBLEM I HAD , THEY WERE FIXED IN DAYS NO ARGUMENT NO FUSS NO WORRY.I WOULD NOT HESITATE TO INVEST IN WEDDINGTON TRACE AND I AM A REALTOR, HOME FLIPPER, INVESTOR. TALK TO BILL COTTON, TOP NOTCH, NICE GUY WHO TRULY CARES ABOUT THE CUSTOMER AND THIER NEEDS, HE MAKES YOU A PROMISE, YOU CAN BE GUARENTEED IT WILL BE KEPT. HE IS A MAN OF HIS WORD!!!!
CANT GO WRONG ON WEDDINGTON TRACE.

Last edited by blunite2; 03-15-2008 at 10:44 PM..

Old 03-16-2008, 12:22 PM

5 posts, read 17,495 times
Default AFX Rep Orleans ?

AFX
Thanks for your opinion, I agree there are many diffrent tastes out there. I dont want to get into a debate. There are alot of good and bad any where you go. The information that I have given is from my own experience, actual people in a home or had dealings with Orleans. You talk and defend orleans like a sales Rep that just wanted to put there 2 cents in. Thats fine if you are or if your not, Just say so. You have to much detailed knowledge for a happy home owner. Afx hope you enjoy your home and continue to be trouble free, maybe pass on some luck to your neighbors. Start a new Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfxBeginThread View Post
I heard about the windows problem before and my neighbor told me that Orleans had changed the windows vendor a while back, and I do not have the problems you mentioned.

I don't see the $39,000 difference to upgrade to the level of the model home is a minus. As an example, the agent at the Tool Brothers community (Marvin Creek) told me one of their model started at about $800K with standard options, but the model home was more than $2 million. Like TB, Orleans has tons of options for upgrades, in both structure and design, and model home is a showcase of the options you can have. Their Eaton III model starts at about 4800 sf, and can be made to over 8000 sf (adding basement, attic, conservatory, morning room, sun room, ...). The standard options at lake forest preserve are not bad at all, although many people spend over $100K for upgrades.

I think the many options for upgrades make the construction more difficult, so I really appreciated the superintendent's efforts. Some of the structural upgrades I chose had very few precedents and may even conflict each other (like the upgraded big staircase fighting space with the full bath, where a half bath was in the original design). The superintendent went out of his way to meet my needs. I felt he constructed not in a way to make it more convenient for him or costed less, but in a way to make it looked more beautiful.

I have no experience building with Ryan so I cannot speak of it one way or the other. I am happy for you that you are satisfied with Ryan and your new home. I think when you take into account of all the homes and homeowners out there, you'll find good and bad with any builder, and different people have different prespective, taste, and demand - that's what makes a market. The important thing as an individual home buyer is make the choice that best suit your needs and be money wise.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:24 AM

158 posts, read 411,606 times
great to hear more positives about WT - my kids are keen to hear more about the school experience at Weddington, elementary and middle, can you help?

Old 05-07-2008, 05:11 PM

9 posts, read 32,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisquato View Post
I have an aunt & uncle who moved there in July 07. Happy but not overly estactic. They have had some misfortune on some of the ammenities she wanted done PRIOR to move in and to date the builder has yet satisfied her requests for the mistake they made. i.e. hearth on fireplace has huge strips of glue, crack in one of the columns in the LR and she's getting the run around on return calls. My aunt also mentioned that the Power Lines apparently seem to be an issue as the developers are having a hard time selling lots in that area. The community she says is friendly and diverse.
I really think your aunt should call tony the pm .I'm sure he will take care of those issues for her he has taken care of anything we have asked him about
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte