U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 09:20 PM

57 posts, read 206,027 times

Advertisements

Thinking of building over there, Collinwood model. My wife wants to build Avalon and pocket some cash. They have a couple very good deals on two of those that back up to the power line post (pretty big but could cover with trees pretty easily). My question is what do you all think of the neighborhood? When is the pool going to be built? Are neighbors friendly? Many kids? We have four. Is the neighborhood diverse at all? We are a "mixed" family. We love the neighborhood and really like the Ryan finished product vs what we saw in Shea Homes' Hollister, which also had some decent plans. Seemed like Hollister was a bit pricier than the Ryan product. We also looked at Millbridge (didn't like slab foundations) or the fact that lawson and another huge subdiv is in same area (terrible traffic flow).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2008, 06:26 AM

797 posts, read 2,983,375 times
I have a relative that was one of the first houses in there. They had a lot of trouble in the beginning-mold issue, buckling of floor. Biggest issue is the pool hasn't even been started on and it's 2 years later. The neighbors seem to keep to themselves. A lot of people seem to be from up north.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:40 PM

Default any other opinions

?? Just wanted to get some thoughts on the neighborhood.

Old 02-15-2008, 03:41 PM

87 posts, read 259,655 times
I have clients who just moved in there and they seem really happy. No amenities yet, but location is great, and they got a great deal on their home when Ryan was offering $50k in options for half price.

Old 02-15-2008, 04:28 PM

5 posts, read 16,713 times
Talking Weddington Trace

Iv lived here for about 4 month and I love it. Built 3 homes with other builders and had a terribal time. I know that some pepole have had some problems but they have always fix any problem that came up with no question. Communitys are what you make them. I have many friends here and cant wait for the pool. I think they are about to start it, but its not Ryan homes that the hold up was with, its been the developer, thats what I hear. If your looking at building 2 things that will make your life a breeze. Have Bill Cotton as your sales rep, he does a great job and does what he says. He has a lot of experance and can help you through the process with ease. Next have Tony H. build your home, I had a great experience with him. If I had a issue he always addressed it or got back to me. Have fun, Great homes and great community.

Old 02-15-2008, 05:44 PM

16 posts, read 75,168 times
Default Satisfied customer

We have been in Weddington Trace for about 6 months and we are satisfied with both the development and with the people. The communal facilities will be done eventually so we can tolerate the delay. The location is outside of the congested areas but still close enough for easy access. It is a great deal at the current prices.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:17 PM

Default thanks, are the power lines a bother?

I see some of the houses have prety large towers in back.

Old 02-16-2008, 01:19 PM

2 posts, read 11,088 times
The schools are Weddindton Elem, Middle and High and are top rated. However I have heard that the district may be changed to New Town once the new middle and High school are completed. Neighbors are very nice and the community is diverse. The one thing everyone is very disatisfied with is that they have not even started the ammenities center and keep giving the residents the run around about when it will be completed. The community has been here for 2 years which is ridiculous that there is still no pool, etc.

Old 02-16-2008, 06:46 PM

316 posts, read 289,428 times
I was just going to say - big power lines - I know I am crazy, but the static from them just screams cancer!

Old 02-16-2008, 08:48 PM

111 posts, read 124,462 times
No matter who you build with you should SERIOUSLY CONSIDER hiring an home inspector or engineer for a home inspection before you close. It will be the best $400 you ever spend! I have heard/experienced many nightmare stories about builders in this area. Its not much money considering you will pay an attorney $200/hour if you have problems with the builder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte