Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 11:03 AM

206 posts, read 799,201 times

Advertisements

I had the worst service today at Moderator cut: As stated in terms of service; this is not the place for consumer complaints We had planned on using them to furnish the home we buy out here and to help me decorate my dd big girl room. I stopped in today to talk about setting up an appointment to pick out my daughter's furniture. After that was done I walked around the store with my dd. The stuff there is expensive so I make sure that she doesn't touch anything. The owner came out while I was looking at a new couch...loved it. My dd was getting on it to sit on it and I noticed her feet were on the couch so I went to help her get to a sitting position. At the same time the owner asked me to move her feet...already done. He then asked me to just get her off. I picked her up and told her we were going to leave which he said "Good Idea". He was so rude and nasty about the whole thing.

Needless to say we will not be buying anything from them ever again and if I could take back everything I have bought I would do so gladly. I am still fuming at our I was treated.

So, now I need to know where I can find Hancock and Moore furniture.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 02-15-2008 at 11:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2008, 11:50 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCtoCLT View Post
I had the worst service today at Brock Moderator cut: XXX . We had planned on using them to furnish the home we buy out here and to help me decorate my dd big girl room. I stopped in today to talk about setting up an appointment to pick out my daughter's furniture. After that was done I walked around the store with my dd. The stuff there is expensive so I make sure that she doesn't touch anything. The owner came out while I was looking at a new couch...loved it. My dd was getting on it to sit on it and I noticed her feet were on the couch so I went to help her get to a sitting position. At the same time the owner asked me to move her feet...already done. He then asked me to just get her off. I picked her up and told her we were going to leave which he said "Good Idea". He was so rude and nasty about the whole thing.

Needless to say we will not be buying anything from them ever again and if I could take back everything I have bought I would do so gladly. I am still fuming at our I was treated.

So, now I need to know where I can find Hancock and Moore furniture.
OH DEAR. I am not sure who carries Hancock and Moore as it is upscale so we are not going to find it everywhere. I would highly recommend Boyles, OC. Have you not used them? The owner started out w/ a small store and built up his own business, then bought out Boyles years back. Boyles is one of the largest furniture retailers in the South. They discount (somewhat) upper end furniture.

Plus - Boyles does have decorating service and also will do a really nice in home white glove delivery. Do make a trip over there and check them out. Just tell them straight off you want a personal decorator to work with you and you are serious about some purchases and you need to bring your daughter w/ you - and is that going to be a problem? I assure you, they will say - "Absolutely no problem!" That gets the whole "kids on the furniture" thing out of the way upfront and I suspect they will be very gracious to you and your daughter.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 02-15-2008 at 12:00 PM..

Old 02-15-2008, 12:17 PM

Boyles Website

Discount Furniture Stores Boyles North Carolina Furniture Shopping and Furniture Clearance Outlets

Old 02-15-2008, 12:26 PM

206 posts, read 799,201 times
Thanks Ani. I will have to check them out. It seems like they carry Hancock and Moore so maybe I can save money and get what I want.

I so feel like doing a Pretty Woman scene and letting the owner know that he made a "Big" mistake.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Thanks Ani. I will have to check them out. It seems like they carry Hancock and Moore so maybe I can save money and get what I want.

I so feel like doing a Pretty Woman scene and letting the owner know that he made a "Big" mistake.
Well, if you wanna do it, give me a call, and I will be glad to go over there and give them a piece of my mind for treating you that way. We will dress up like Julia Roberts and come in all designer labeled to the tips of our Jimmy Choos and make them feel like idiots. So let me know. I need an excuse to get out of the sweats and put on some make up, Hee Hee Hee!!!!!

You know - I heard a rumor about 10 years ago that Larry Hendricks, who owns Boyles, also owned Hancock & Moore. Their factory is in Hickory. They have some super upholsterers - real craftsmen - who work there. But there are many other lines of upholstery I would also recommend for attention to detail. Boyles carry all the best stuff and will do any custom details you want. You can change the pillow edges, trim, whatever.

Let me know if you wanna go do a Pretty Woman scene.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:58 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,169,531 times
Quote:

Count me in too on that. I do NOT want to miss it

Old 02-15-2008, 06:57 PM

429 posts, read 730,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by south.charlotte&union View Post
Count me in too on that. I do NOT want to miss it

Well, I am certainly with you all. Got to lend a girl support!!!!

Old 02-15-2008, 07:34 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,408,717 times
Now with the edits it looks like the OP was an dissatisfied with something a little saucier than some place used for furnishing a home.

Old 02-16-2008, 08:21 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,588 times
Do you already have the items in your new house? If not, cancel the order. I know it will be a pain to start again in terms of shopping, but you do know what items you want. Unless that place custom makes these items, you can probably get them someplace else.

Old 02-16-2008, 08:40 AM

Default High end decorators

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Now with the edits it looks like the OP was an dissatisfied with something a little saucier than some place used for furnishing a home.
LOL! Just a very high end home decor company . . . and they do NOT deserve the business if they are going to treat potential clients this way.

Just amazes me the attitude of some of the people in this town. This is not Rodeo Drive, for heaven's sake!!!! But w/ that snooty attitude, it truly did remind me of that scene in Pretty Woman.

I have done showrooms and had to deal w/ decorators w/ an inflated self important attitude and such people seem to think customer service is not part of their jobs.

Well, KISS MY GRITS.

Here's a note to business owners out there: If your merchandise is sooooooo precious as to exclude a client and her daughter from politely trying out one of your items on display - you need to just KEEP YOUR INVENTORY. See how that feels when you balance out the books at the end of the month!!!

I will go where my business is appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte