U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 11:41 PM

30 posts, read 64,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joannofnj View Post
I would also recommend tuscano homes, they build beautiful homes in the mint hill area.
Yes they look beautiful , the new development Bella Sera and right across the street will be Portofino (not the restaurant lol) but they are right on top of each other.
John Weiland has a great reputation and gives you alot for your dollar IMO.
Anyone know about Dublin homes reputation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 10:30 AM

1 posts, read 2,097 times
From a Realtor's perspective, I think the John Wieland product is superb. John Wieland Homes & Neighborhoods strives to deliver a PERFECT home to their buyers in all their carefully-located metro area communities. I have helped several of my clients into homes in Brookhaven and they are so very happy with the location, schools and neighborhood. In the end you get more for your money, the BEST amenities, opportunity for resale and appreciation (very important even if you plan to live there forever) and a super warranty. I cannot say enough about the process - each new construction has a highly-accountable builder who communicates with the buyers continually as to the progress.

As for the others, it really depends on your price point. There are great new neighborhoods from Mint Hill across to Ballantyne at all pricepoints. For schools, I'd recommend staying in Union County or South Charlotte rather than South Carolina, although the Fort Mill schools are highly regarded. South Carolina recently took the school portion out of the property taxes and is making up the difference with sales taxes. Although property taxes are therefore lower for homeowners, the situation is troublesome for the schools in this current economy.

Shea Homes is a good builder and Providence Pointe is an OK community, but there are plenty of others. A wonderful community you might look at is Lawson in Union County. There are several good builders there including Shea, St. Lawrence, Orleans and Ryland. The neighborhood amenities (almost as good as Wieland's), new schools and location are superb. Although the builders have aggressive incentives, there are newer resales that are good as new at great prices.

Caution: one important thing to keep in mind when purchasing in a new construction neighborhood is when the builder(s) will be out. Homeowners who sell while the builder is still active almost never see appreciation since the builder will always undercut the resales, especially in this competitive market. Optimally, find a community where the builder is almost finished and offering close-out prices if possible. It is worth your while to have the help of a Realtor working for you, and it won't cost you any more.

It is a WONDERFUL time to be relocating to Charlotte! Can I help you with more information and websites?

BSFMOM

Old 01-21-2009, 10:35 AM

1,907 posts, read 4,446,535 times
I'm guessing the OP found something by now.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:10 PM

409 posts, read 988,301 times
I would appreciate any comments or experiences anyone has with David Weekley Homes.

Thanks

Old 01-21-2009, 02:20 PM

3,356 posts, read 8,864,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
I'm guessing the OP found something by now.

I just figured it was a realtor not paying attenion to detail as this thread was 11 months old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte