U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 08:39 PM

18 posts, read 90,884 times
Wink Moving to Highland Creek

My fiance and I will be moving to Highland Creek from Florida in a few weeks. How are the people there due to the fact the majority are pretty well off? In case you didn't know, South Florida has a large percent of stuck up and rude individuals due to the fact they have money. We have heard that it is a lot different in NC. We are basically getting out of the bad to get into the good and start a better life far away from Florida. Is there much to do for couples in Highland Creek? What else kind of info can someone give? Thanks!
Reese
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2006, 09:34 AM

240 posts, read 702,116 times
I moved to Highland Creek from Boynton Beach, Fl in July. I have actually met a few people here that recently moved from PBC. I really like living here at HC. There are many activities. You will always see someone walking, biking, talking to neighbors. There is also golfing, tennis and swimming. There are activities for the children such as a fall football team and cheerleading. There is an activies director at the Sports Club. There is fitness equipment at the sports club and the teach aerobics, and karatee classes.

The location is very very convenient. Concord Mills is 5 minutes away, Northlake Mall 10 minutes, grocery stores, Kokomos Coffee is a nice place to meet people.

Do you have any specific questions about the community? Do you have kids? Are you young adults, seniors etc. I can answer any questions that you have. I like it here a lot. I think you'll like it!!! I do miss the Palm Trees in PBC. Send me a PM if you have specific questions or need any help.

Take care.

Old 11-26-2006, 09:37 AM

240 posts, read 702,116 times
By the way, no one has been rude to me. Everyone has been friendly and very helpful. I do have to say this about HC. It's made up of different sections in the same neighborhood. I do feel that each section has its own personality.

There is a new elementary school that is very good. They plan to build a new middle school in a few years. So if you have kids in the future, you will be a neighborhood that has great schools.

Old 11-29-2006, 04:57 AM

191 posts, read 691,320 times
Is Highland Creek the Concord area? If so, can you suggest a good neighborhood, middle school, doctor (for kids too) and just the "hot" part of town. We're comin' down in a few months from Pittsburgh. Hubby has a job at the airport so we can't be too far from that but would love to be away from the city life. We used to live in Pineville in 1990.
thanks - any suggestions would be great!

Old 11-29-2006, 06:06 AM

2,314 posts, read 20,957 times
Highland Creek crosses two counties. The hustle and bustle is all around the community but when you pull into the neighborhood its pleasantly calm.

Old 12-13-2006, 08:18 AM

10 posts, read 23,591 times
I would love to get any info/feedback o Highland Creek. We are building there now and should be moving June 2007 from out of state. Our kids are grown and as of next year all will be in college. we were very torn between HC and Northstone....my husband works in Davidson, so an easy low traffic commute was important. We are very happy with the builder (so far) and the houseplan we picked, but still some lingering concerns about resale viability of this area because of its tremendous size and mix of price ranges.....from what we've heard actually living in the community doesn't feel like you're in a mega neighborhood and the facilities are not too crowded.....but of course, we've really only heard from sales people, not real residents.

Old 12-13-2006, 09:28 AM

218 posts, read 1,821 times
Highland Creek is an excellent choice. It's the "it" community of North Charlotte / University Area. As for resale value, you couldn't pick a better neighborhood.

I understand your concern about the range of sale prices. You need to understand that Highland Creek is broken up into "villages". For example Crosspointe and Hidden Meadow are "mid range" villages. They contain homes from builders like Centex, Colony, Pulte, and Westfield.

Higher end villages such as Master's Hill have builders like Saussy Burbank, Shea, DR Horton, and David Weekley. So if you do comps based on homes in the same village only, you will see that homes appreciate quite nicely no matter which village you are in. You don't have to worry about the 2200 sq ft, 4BR/2.5 bth, vinyl siding Colony home in Hidden Meadow selling for 215k having any effect on a 2950 Sq ft, 4BR/2.5 bath, brick front Ryland home selling for 350K. You just can't compare the 2.

Remember it is a golf course community, so the HOA sets high standards no matter what village you live in. You cannot go wrong with Highland Creek.

Old 12-13-2006, 09:33 AM

85 posts, read 171,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte ePro View Post
Highland Creek is an excellent choice. It's the "it" community of North Charlotte / University Area. As for resale value, you couldn't pick a better neighborhood.

I understand your concern about the range of sale prices. You need to understand that Highland Creek is broken up into "villages". For example Crosspointe and Hidden Meadow are "mid range" villages. They contain homes from builders like Centex, Colony, Pulte, and Westfield.

Higher end villages such as Master's Hill have builders like Saussy Burbank, Shea, DR Horton, and David Weekley. So if you do comps based on homes in the same village only, you will see that homes appreciate quite nicely no matter which village you are in. You don't have to worry about the 2200 sq ft, 4BR/2.5 bth, vinyl siding Colony home in Hidden Meadow selling for 215k having any effect on a 2950 Sq ft, 4BR/2.5 bath, brick front Ryland home selling for 350K. You just can't compare the 2.
Would you hold this to be true for a builder such as Mattamy Homes? We are building our home with them in Highland Creek, Cabarrus Co. side. Base prices start in the $180s-225....Resales start around $210...A part of me worries, since Mattamy is lesser known.

Old 12-13-2006, 11:08 AM

10 posts, read 23,591 times
Thanks, Charlotte EPro.....What is the highest price point in Highland Creek?

We are building w/ DR Horton.

Old 12-13-2006, 11:36 AM

2,314 posts, read 20,957 times
One house is listed right now in Highland Creek for $599,000 6 bedroom 5 Baths 5820 SqFt. Hope this helps some.....

Oh and welcome to Charlotte!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte