U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 02:07 PM

3,060 posts, read 6,921,195 times
Well, now, be careful what you say, I may just take you up on that!

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Dawn, those folks you keep meeting don't sound like southerners to me! You need to come to lunch we me and my friends sometime!

Old 02-19-2008, 02:08 PM

What is M'ville? the only thing that comes to mind is Marshville and I can't imagine that area being as you have described.

I will try not to hate your sister! A size 4???? I WISH!!!

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Dawn, it totally makes sense. In my neighborhood, wearing sweats or jeans and a sweat shirt is the norm, LOL. Of course, we all know how to get dressed up but no one is going to expect "full drag" to go the grocery store. Having said that - I gotta admit - even if I have my sweats on - I put on concealer and lipstick b/f I go to the grocery store!!!!

Now where I grew up . . . the women were very competitive and I suspect they still are. I hated to even go pick up my son after school unless I had on something "cute" b/c the mommies were always so decked out . . .

My youngest sister is adorable and I mean - a genuine cutie pie. Size 4 and that is after having twins!!! She is in M'ville. She looks adorable in whatever she puts on, but she says it is positively Wisteria Lane where she lives!!!! And none of the homeowners are natives - all transplants. She says there is a fashion show daily . . . down to perfect nails and jewelry.

So I am wondering . . . if all the attention to being "oh so" is b/c people have moved down here and think this is how Southerners live (meeting the expectation) or if women from other areas dressed up like this "back home."

I am so very curious . . . is this a Charlotopia phenomena that was already here . . . or did someone bring it down here?????

Old 02-19-2008, 02:11 PM

1,521 posts, read 3,247,278 times
Mooresville?

The lunch ladies eh?

Old 02-19-2008, 02:12 PM

35,117 posts, read 41,633,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QC Misfit View Post
Mooresville?

The lunch ladies eh?
LOL - sorry - should not have used acronym! Yes, Mooresville!!!!

Old 02-19-2008, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post
What is M'ville? the only thing that comes to mind is Marshville and I can't imagine that area being as you have described.

I will try not to hate your sister! A size 4???? I WISH!!!

Dawn
I know. Size 4. We were together 2 weeks ago and I stood beside her and told my dad - "LOOK! We're a weight loss ad!!! Before and After"

Old 02-19-2008, 02:19 PM

Does she work at it hard? Work out all the time, that sort of thing?

Dawn

Quote:
I know. Size 4. We were together 2 weeks ago and I stood beside her and told my dad - "LOOK! We're a weight loss ad!!! Before and After"

Old 02-19-2008, 02:26 PM

2,560 posts, read 5,536,900 times
Quote:
As long as you are happy and healthy...size doesn't matter!

Alot of us do add a few lbs as we get a little older...especially since we ALL just passed 30!

Old 02-19-2008, 02:29 PM

Oh, but I am NOT happy with my size. I haven't been since I had children....those darned things added pounds that I can't seem to get off!

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post

Alot of us do add a few lbs as we get a little older...especially since we ALL just passed 30!

Old 02-19-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post
Does she work at it hard? Work out all the time, that sort of thing?

Dawn
With three boys to run after - she just seems to burn it off, but she does go to the gym at least 2 times a week. She does not diet - just doesn't snack.

And all the women in her neighborhood - Wisteria Lane II - look pretty much like her as far as dressing up and being thin and gorgeous!!!!!!

Yes, a place like this exists in Charlotopia!!! HA HA HA

Dawn, you must live around Wisteria Lane III if your neighbors are all dolled up and put together. Come over here - I am in Pleasantville area of Charlotopia - the hottest trend here is velour sweat suits in crayon colors!!!!

Old 02-19-2008, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post

Well, it is pretty discouraging . . .I like to say mine is baby fat but since my son is now 24 . . . guess that won't cut it any more.

Yes, here in Charlotopia . . . not all of us get liposuction!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte