U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2008, 01:26 PM

12 posts, read 32,337 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am moving from West Palm Beach, FL to Charlotte, NC for a job which is located in uptown Charlotte. I am very unfamiliar with Charlotte as my only visit there was 2 weeks ago when I flew up for the interview.

Can someone give me some suggestions about nice/good areas to live in as I will have to find an apartment to rent very soon. I'll be moving out there by myself so I want somewhere that is safe and central as I don't want too much of a commute to work.

Also, if anyone knows of a good realtor who would be able to make my search easier please let me know.

Thanks .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2008, 02:44 PM

2,560 posts, read 7,710,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrratch View Post
Hello,

I am moving from West Palm Beach, FL to Charlotte, NC for a job which is located in uptown Charlotte. I am very unfamiliar with Charlotte as my only visit there was 2 weeks ago when I flew up for the interview.

Can someone give me some suggestions about nice/good areas to live in as I will have to find an apartment to rent very soon. I'll be moving out there by myself so I want somewhere that is safe and central as I don't want too much of a commute to work.

Also, if anyone knows of a good realtor who would be able to make my search easier please let me know.

Thanks .
Not sure what your price range is or what you are looking for.

Why not consider renting an apartment in Uptown Charlotte for 1 year and that would give you time to look around.

That is what we did in 2000 and we are still Uptown. We LOVE living Uptown. And if you decide to buy Uptown...property values increase faster than any other part of Charlotte. You mill make money! Our value has doubled since 2001.

You could also walk to work, grocery store, clubs, restaurants...etc

If you wanted to live in a suburb and within a 30 minute commute...I would suggest Huntersville, NC (North) or Fort Mill, SC (South)...and both would be a fairly easy commute Uptown on a normal day!

WELCOME to Charlotte!

Last edited by the 7 oh 4; 02-19-2008 at 02:58 PM..

Old 02-19-2008, 08:16 PM

79 posts, read 256,967 times
Default Hey fellow Floridian

I moved up here from Jupiter in July and love it. Feel free to email me at mrtgman@yahoo.com. I can refer a great Realtor I work with in a daily basis that can help you out.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:21 PM

12 posts, read 32,337 times
Well I have been seeing 2bd/2bath apartments in rent.com for under $800 which is good compared to South Florida but I don't know what kinda areas they are and how they would compare with over here. I like the sound of renting Uptown as I'm am looking for proximity and accessibility to work, entertainment, shopping. Somewhere that I won't feel like too much of a fish out of water.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:39 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,346,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrratch View Post
Well I have been seeing 2bd/2bath apartments in rent.com for under $800 which is good compared to South Florida but I don't know what kinda areas they are and how they would compare with over here. I like the sound of renting Uptown as I'm am looking for proximity and accessibility to work, entertainment, shopping. Somewhere that I won't feel like too much of a fish out of water.
You won't find a two bedroom place to rent for $800 or under in uptown I'm afraid. You may find some within a 20 minute ride of uptown however. Just a word a caution, any place that big near uptown for less than $800 will not be in a good area. Check out Eastover Ridge - this one is pretty nice and offers a great commute to uptown - though I cannot say for sure it is in your price range.

Eastover Ridge Apartments, Charlotte NC 28211

Old 02-19-2008, 10:41 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,346,253 times
oops, never mind - look what I found: (click on "floor plans" to see the prices)

Eastover Ridge Apartments - Elegant Apartment Living in Charlotte, NC

Old 02-20-2008, 09:35 AM

392 posts, read 1,076,659 times
Hi, rrratch! Congrats on the new job! I moved here from your neck-of-the-woods (or should I say neck-of-the mangrove?) Worked and played in WPB/PB County for the last 10 years - lived Delray Beach and Jupiter. Lived Miami Beach before that.

Just wanted to say welcome and that you have come to the right place for info. I love City Data and the posters on the Charlotte forum. A very, very, very helpful bunch. They have created a treasure chest of invaluable info that really benefits folks like you and me.

Have you tried the Search feature yet? I think there has been much written regarding the info you seek, so, if you haven't tried Search... just go to the Charlotte forum page, click on the Search function, type in the words such as "Uptown" and "Commute" or "Uptown" and "Apartments".

Just after I moved, I picked up a map and labeled the different neighborhoods, using those on the list here. That really helps you figure out where everyone is talking about.

Charlotte is a very vibrant and happening city. I love it here. Best wishes to you on a smooth relocation. I'm heading down your way for a long weekend. I do miss FL. Spent 18 years in the Sunshine State...will always have a bit of OJ running through my veins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte