U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 11:49 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,059,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctribucher View Post
Hi ani - ask your vet for those stickers. That's where we've always gotten ours from.
Hey!!! Thanks for the info - you know - I have never asked! I will ask next time we are over there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
GREAT idea about the pet stickets. I bet Pet Smart has them naybe. Would not do us any good. We are on the 4th/5th Floor so who could read them?

I hope I never experience a fire...but don't give a rats behind about anything but my yungins with 4 legs (cats). Clothes & furniture can be replaced. We do have a safe that has all of our valuables and things that can not be replaced (like photos...etc) a wise investment (just wish it had money in it...lol)!
You know, I have heard FD say - even if in a high rise - put them where FD can see them b/c they will use an ax and break through a door if they need to if they know you have pets. So I do think it is a good idea even in high rise. You need to let them know how many, too. One of my neighbors had a sticker that had a picture of a dog and the number 2 on it so they would know - 2 dogs.

You remember the terrible situation w/ Katrina and how people would not evacuate b/c they couldn't take their pets. Well, I totally got that. Miss Scarlett is my baby girl and there is no way I would leave this house w/o her. She is so innocent and sweet and trusting.

Last edited by brokensky; 02-20-2008 at 11:54 AM.. Reason: misspell

Old 02-20-2008, 11:57 AM

2,560 posts, read 7,711,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
You know, I have heard FD say - even if in a high rise - put them where FD can see them b/c they will use an ax and break through a door if they need to if they know you have pets. So I do think it is a good idea even in high rise. You need to let them know how many, too. One of my neighbors had a sticker that had a picture of a dog and the number 2 on it so they would know - 2 dogs.

You remember the terrible situation w/ Katrina and how people would not evacuate b/c they couldn't take their pets. Well, I totally got that. Miss Scarlett is my baby girl and there is no way I would leave this house w/o her. She is so innocent and sweet and trusting.
and Miss Scarlett is something that REAL kids never are...innocent, sweet or trusting.

My cats have NEVER caused me any worry at all! Very loyal!

Old 02-20-2008, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
and Miss Scarlett is something that REAL kids never are...innocent, sweet or trusting.

My cats have NEVER caused me any worry at all! Very loyal!
I used to foster cats and at one time had 13, LOL. That was b/f cities started doing regs about how many cats you can have on premises. My dear Guinness (Manx) died four years ago and we just have not had the heart to get another baby. But I am thinking Miss Scarlett would enjoy having a buddy. My dog likes cats.

And yes, Scarlett is the perfect (fur)kid. Never have gotten a call from her saying "Mom - how much money is in my account?"

Old 02-20-2008, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I used to foster cats and at one time had 13, LOL. That was b/f cities started doing regs about how many cats you can have on premises. My dear Guinness (Manx) died four years ago and we just have not had the heart to get another baby. But I am thinking Miss Scarlett would enjoy having a buddy. My dog likes cats.

And yes, Scarlett is the perfect (fur)kid. Never have gotten a call from her saying "Mom - how much money is in my account?"
We have 4 at the moment in a Loft. We have always just had 2 cats...but 2 are strays that we took in when they were kittens and got them shots & fixed & declawed. Were gonna just Foster them then get rid of them...but how could we get rid of our "Tater Tot" & "Cupcake"?

They were wondering around 4th Ward Park. I am sure someone probably dumped them (they were real clean and did not look like wild outdoor cats). If you can't be a responsible pet owner...then DON'T own pets! It is your responsability to have them fixed & feed them & love them!

I also have never gotten a call from school saying that they were acting up!

Old 02-20-2008, 12:15 PM

870 posts, read 3,211,224 times
Keep valuables in a bank vault. I know it is easier to keep at home but much safer not to. As far as pictures, put all the negatives in the bank vault. That way if there is a fire in the house, can reprint the old photos. If you have pictures without negatives, scan them to disk, make a copy for the bank vault.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmdpanc View Post
Keep valuables in a bank vault. I know it is easier to keep at home but much safer not to. As far as pictures, put all the negatives in the bank vault. That way if there is a fire in the house, can reprint the old photos. If you have pictures without negatives, scan them to disk, make a copy for the bank vault.
Our safe is fire proof (or is suppose to be). I trust it!

Old 02-20-2008, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmdpanc View Post
I would like to add - if you don't have a safety deposit box, scan and put on disks and give copies to your closest friends and any family members. Then, you know someone else has copies.

Use your camcorder and simply walk through your house so you can memorialize all your valuables for insurance purposes. Open up china cabinet, closets, etc and be sure to record pix of those areas, too. Also, garage and outdoor areas - lawn furniture and equipment are valuable, too. If you have installed an expensive light fixture - say a crystal chandelier - be sure to record that, also.

When you buy electronics, write down their serial #s and put all that on a disk as well and distribute to family or friends if you don't have a safety deposit box. Also, any info you have on appraisals of jewelry - scan and put on disk.

Update your homeowner's insurance policy regularly. Make sure you have replacement value on your home.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:28 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,516,698 times
I hope this brush fire is determine by someone at wrong place at wrong time verses someone being stupid.
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/coastal-north-carolina/"]Coastal [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/western-north-carolina/"]Western [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/charlotte/"]Charlotte [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/york-lancaster-counties/"]York & Lancaster[/URL]

[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html"]Terms of Service. No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks[/URL]

Old 02-20-2008, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I hope this brush fire is determine by someone at wrong place at wrong time verses someone being stupid.
Me, too. My lawn is like brush at some places and the woods out back - I think they would catch on fire easily.

They just ran more info on it on CNN, saying it is now under control. So odd to see that showing up on CNN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte