Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 01:11 PM

72 posts, read 271,062 times

Advertisements

I've posted from time to time here, and just wanted to share that my wife and I decided to buy in Baxter (Fort Mill, SC.). We wanted to stick to south Charlotte to minimize traffic and be closer to family in Columbia, and we loved Baxter during our several visits there.

We went with David Weekley for the builder, and although are still in the "paperwork" stage of the game it has been good thus far. We also really liked Saussy Burbank, but the Weekley floorplan just seemed like a better fit.

Anyone here living/building in Baxter?

We should be moving in July/August if all goes according to plan!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2006, 03:39 PM

286 posts, read 946,448 times
Default Saussy burbank Houses???

I also am looking to buy somewhere in n.c and love baxter and more so the saussy houses. Has anyone had any expierence with the saussy builders, i have heard alot of people talk about every other one but saussy. i just discovered this forum yesterday by mistake and i have learned so much already- especially about the screens not included in the houses. Does anyone work in any of the major hospitals, i need to knwo what is a good place to work/ Thank you

Old 11-27-2006, 05:57 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,212,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgray007 View Post
I've posted from time to time here, and just wanted to share that my wife and I decided to buy in Baxter (Fort Mill, SC.). We wanted to stick to south Charlotte to minimize traffic and be closer to family in Columbia, and we loved Baxter during our several visits there.

We went with David Weekley for the builder, and although are still in the "paperwork" stage of the game it has been good thus far. We also really liked Saussy Burbank, but the Weekley floorplan just seemed like a better fit.

Anyone here living/building in Baxter?

We should be moving in July/August if all goes according to plan!
Just wanted to say Congratulations and Welcome to the area! (your Tega Cay, SC Neighbor )

Old 11-27-2006, 06:21 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,835,086 times
Presby and CMC are the big players here in Charlotte

Old 11-28-2006, 07:40 AM

474 posts, read 1,749,278 times
You can't go wrong with Baxter. My parents live in one of the Saussy townhomes that overlook the park in front of the community center and my brother and sister-in-law just had a home built by SE Miller in the newer section up behind the community center. It's a great neighborhood.

My wife and I live in a Saussy house in Monteith Park in Huntersville. We're very pleased with them as a builder.

Old 11-28-2006, 02:55 PM

Thank you BKQC- YOU ARE THE FIRST TO SAY HOW YOU LIKE SAUSSY BUILDERS. I have so many questions about them, what model did you choose, do you like MONTEITH PARK? I am also looking into that park. Did you use a realtor? If not can you get 3% off your price? Can you negotiate on the price?Is monteith crowded? THank you so much for your input i really do appreciate it.

Old 11-29-2006, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray42 View Post
Thank you BKQC- YOU ARE THE FIRST TO SAY HOW YOU LIKE SAUSSY BUILDERS. I have so many questions about them, what model did you choose, do you like MONTEITH PARK? I am also looking into that park. Did you use a realtor? If not can you get 3% off your price? Can you negotiate on the price?Is monteith crowded? THank you so much for your input i really do appreciate it.
Saussy is thought of very well in the Charlotte area. There are a number of communities in the area if you check out their website. We live in the Greenwood model. It's a 3 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom (1850 sq. ft) home. We like Monteith Park very much. It has a good mix of singles, young families, retirees and the location can't be beat.
We did not use a realtor. Not sure about the 3% off thing. Prices are set if you're building new, but I've noticed a few of the builder spec homes that have sat going for a little less than listed. There's also usually a few
homes up for sale at any given time which you can negotiate.
I'm not sure what you mean by crowded, but the lots are very close, which is why we chose a corner lot. There is a nice walking trail area through the middle of the neighborhood and quite a bit of greenspace along with a playground and clubhouse / pool.

Old 11-29-2006, 04:24 PM

Default Thank You

I appreciate your time and great info- I just booked a 3 day weekend in Jan and will be in huntersville, and will come to monteith Park. I also like the greenwood model. I assume choosing a corner lot was more $. I have investigated every neighborhood on the net, as i said i like baxter as well- but may be pricier- it will also depend on where i find which hospital to work in. Thank you for your time-very much appreciated from UTICA NY.
TIM

Old 11-30-2006, 06:54 AM

OK, you're from Utica. I grew up in Whitesboro, but just say Utica because nobody knows where Whitesboro is. I think I received a message from you about Utica, but I wasn't sure what they were so I deleted them thinking they were some sort of spam or something.
We bought our lot in Monteith close to three years ago and the corner lot premium was $5,000. I'm not sure what it would be now. Baxter is a great neighborhood as well, but much, much pricier than Monteith for similar square footage. Also, if you want to be closer to better Italian food (nothing like Utica though), the Huntersville area has better options than Fort Mill. Let me know if you need any recommendations.

Old 11-30-2006, 07:44 AM

362 posts, read 995,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKQC View Post
OK, you're from Utica. I grew up in Whitesboro, but just say Utica because nobody knows where Whitesboro is. I think I received a message from you about Utica, but I wasn't sure what they were so I deleted them thinking they were some sort of spam or something.
We bought our lot in Monteith close to three years ago and the corner lot premium was $5,000. I'm not sure what it would be now. Baxter is a great neighborhood as well, but much, much pricier than Monteith for similar square footage. Also, if you want to be closer to better Italian food (nothing like Utica though), the Huntersville area has better options than Fort Mill. Let me know if you need any recommendations.
I know where both are because my husband was born in Utica and still has alot of family there. Talk about a difference in winter weather! Do you love it? Still everytime we get a bid snowfall my husband reminisces about Utica.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte