Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 10:14 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,155,934 times

Advertisements

Update on Silver Ford Focus

The Silver Ford Focus had been located and confiscated. However, the suspects are still on the loose and we have information that they may be driving a black Ford Taurus with South Carolina Plates. Call 911 immediately if you see this vehicle occupied by one or more black males with dredlocks.

Also, clarification on yesterdays information; the incident occurred in Providence Crossing not Providence Country Club.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2008, 10:20 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,382,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Update on Silver Ford Focus

The Silver Ford Focus had been located and confiscated. However, the suspects are still on the loose and we have information that they may be driving a black Ford Taurus with South Carolina Plates. Call 911 immediately if you see this vehicle occupied by one or more black males with dredlocks.

Also, clarification on yesterdays information; the incident occurred in Providence Crossing not Providence Country Club.
Honestly, since this very nice neighborhood has become such a frequent target, I cannot believe these guys are stupid enough to keep showing up there. If I lived there I would so be stalking THEM - I would make it my mission to look for them on my street or near it. I'd get together with neighbors to literally sit outside - take my whole desk out front on the driveway if I had to to get some work done while watching out for the little bastards.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:37 AM

22,192 posts, read 29,198,568 times
I am all for shooting and killing someone who enters my property with intent to harm me. I will not lose any sleep over it..

Old 02-21-2008, 10:39 AM

1,521 posts, read 4,932,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Honestly, since this very nice neighborhood has become such a frequent target, I cannot believe these guys are stupid enough to keep showing up there. If I lived there I would so be stalking THEM - I would make it my mission to look for them on my street or near it. I'd get together with neighbors to literally sit outside - take my whole desk out front on the driveway if I had to to get some work done while watching out for the little bastards.

Its been a little windy lately maybe you could buy a few more 9mm for paper weights!

Old 02-21-2008, 10:41 AM

1,242 posts, read 4,021,369 times
Default carolina guy

sorry I mean carolina blue..so many names to keep up with..haha!

Loves...the problem is there was a lul and a decrease b/c they hsd one guy in custody according to the police officer on the news yesterday but they let him back out and look what happens another break in yesterday. But the fuunny or odd part is the same police officer says we don't have enough proof..uhmm hello? lol!

We have a gun too but I hate to think that I can't have children outside playing and worry about all these random people that come through the neighborhood. We have a lot of door to door salesman. I never had that once up north it is so weird.

These guys continue to rob the same area b/c they know the poilice won't do anything about it that is my take.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:41 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,382,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QC Misfit View Post
Its been a little windy lately maybe you could buy a few more 9mm for paper weights!
Actually, I prefer size "38" paperweights

Old 02-21-2008, 10:42 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,155,934 times
Quote:
And everyone can laugh if they want, but my DH and I have opened all the blinds and have the gun out and are checking out the windows today. I am right here at a window and I am monitoring every car that comes down the street (wh/ never are many - this is a culdesac) We are in S. CLT and our neighbors are also on the look out. We are all watching for anyone suspicious.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:47 AM

1,242 posts, read 4,021,369 times
Default alf

I wished you lived in my neighborhood! i am always on the lookout. I know people must think I am crazy!

Old 02-21-2008, 10:48 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,448,431 times
Quote:
loves- You're my kind of girl! I think some of the other posters are right though when they state that until someone gets shot, the response from the police department will continue to be mild disinterest.

My fantasy call to the police department would go something like this.
"Hello, this is the Emissary".
"I've just caught two guys breaking into my car".
"They were trying to get my laptop".
"I have a gun on them now".
"Can I shoot them, and are head shots best?"
"What's that?" "My phone is breaking up - the battery is low."
"If you can't get here at (address) in ten minutes, I'll just shoot them - O.K?" Can I leave the bodies next to the garbage cans out front?"
"What's that?" "Don't yell at me, I don't take criticism well"

loves - Do you think that the police department would take more than 10 minutes to show up with the above scenario?

Old 02-21-2008, 10:49 AM

1,521 posts, read 4,932,523 times
lol i don't take criticism well..... Classic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte