U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 08:27 AM

3,389 posts, read 4,772,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I lived in Charlotte for three years and absolutely loved every minute of it. I think it's definitely a "best of all worlds" kind of city and offers something for everyone. If I had a way of moving back, I would definitely do it.
I have a similar story. Lived there three years and absolutely loved it! Never planned to leave but got a decent job offer and moved west with the intention of moving back after a couple of years. Still trying to find a way back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2016, 10:40 AM

501 posts, read 339,477 times
Charlotte has a health offering of everything and it is only getting better. Not saying we are great, but we are trying and on our way. I do want to be young enough to ride on the red line when it gets built in the next decade or so. I am in Boston as I write. I enjoy Boston, but I am always happy to return home to the Charlotte area. I just wish we had an ocean closer by.

Old 09-13-2016, 05:51 AM

99 posts, read 64,753 times
I lived in Charlotte for 5 years, then moved away for a job. At the time I didn't think I'd come back---I liked Charlotte just fine, but didn't really feel at home here.

Lived in Seattle for 4 years and hated every minute of it. I have never been more depressed. Watching it rain for 9 months out of the year would make anyone want to jump off a cliff.

Back in Charlotte (Union County) and loving it. It took seeing what life was like "on the other side of the fence" to realize Charlotte is a pretty damn great place to live. It's inexpensive, people are friendly, and the sun shines year round.

Sometimes it's all about perspective!

Old 09-15-2016, 06:15 AM

11 posts, read 6,648 times
Hi Desta! I'm also relocating there in June 2017 from Chicago with 2 high schoolers. Have researched several places as well. I'd be interested in finding out which location you chose or will be choosing. Do you have children? I plan on visiting again beginning of January. Any feedback would be simply cool. Thanks!

Old 09-15-2016, 02:51 PM

28 posts, read 22,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leekhiz View Post
Hi Desta! I'm also relocating there in June 2017 from Chicago with 2 high schoolers. Have researched several places as well. I'd be interested in finding out which location you chose or will be choosing. Do you have children? I plan on visiting again beginning of January. Any feedback would be simply cool. Thanks!
Hi Leekhiz! I had actually looked into the neighboring suburb of Concord because I was told that the school system was better in Cabarus County. I have a 2 year old son, so a quality school system was important to me. But while I complete my graduate degree (I plan on attending UNC Charlotte), I might live in Charlotte for a short spell just to stay closer to the campus because I intend to be a full-time, day student...so for the first couple of years, I may stay in Charlotte and then move to Concord...I didn't explore the area as extensively as I wanted to when I last visited in May, but I too will be going back in January to scope things out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or