U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 03:29 PM

1,985 posts, read 1,384,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
With a PFJ, it not going to effect insurance or their record.

Since Rowan does the same as Randolph with pre-appearance with ADA, even if PFJ not used the ADA will reduce it to be within 7 miles over and insurance will not be affected. No attorney expense is needed assuming the OP can sacrifice a Friday morning.

I'm speaking from experience, as I had the same amount over , but showed up with no records so I couldn't do the PFJ.
The ADA reduced by half over and my insurance has stayed the same.
Unfortunately, I had court costs. The OP is a perfect candidate to use a PFJ.
Until they speed again. Are you a lawyer, Sunny?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2016, 04:03 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,480,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essequamvideri View Post
Until they speed again. Are you a lawyer, Sunny?
No, I'm not a lawyer but someone who gets a 7-year itch of either speeding or accident lol.
I spent enough time in a court room, not just my case but waiting and listening to other cases particularly with speeding to know a person with a clean record like the Op stated and doing a minor 15 over that they will granted PFJ.

OP seems like a good driver and just dealing with this ordeal OP likely and knowing PFJ can't be used again for awhile they will drive smarter.
If the option is available for a PFJ use it. Now if OP was doing 20 mph or more over the limit then I would agree attorney would be needed to reduce to improper equipment.

If only I knew Randolph County in the Spring needed a copy of last 3 years then I would have asked for a PFJ.

As long as you can provide evidence or proof to the courts then things can be handled in traffic court with a breeze.

Ten years ago I went to the actual DA in Gaston County and apologized and they reduced it to three over

I rarely do speed on purpose at least not excessive unless I'm oblivious what speed limit is which generally most of these happen on a long country road feels like 55 but reduced to 45 mph.
(I'm waiting for the itch to happen on highway 73. It's 55 in one section than 50 -45 in another)

With OP record a minor speeding I am very confident a PFJ will be granted,
Speaking from experience, the ADA will ask for PFJ or continuance first or give instructions so they can clean that day roll quicker.

The last 3 speeding tickets in the past 15 years, was like the OP only 10 over and I never needed an attorney.
All of them was reduced enough that they never affected my insurance.

If time is more important than attorney costs, then use an attorney for minor violations.

Old 09-06-2016, 04:14 PM

2,158 posts, read 2,355,735 times
Quote:
With a PFJ, it not going to effect insurance or their record.

Since Rowan does the same as Randolph with pre-appearance with ADA, even if PFJ not used the ADA will reduce it to be within 7 miles over and insurance will not be affected. No attorney expense is needed assuming the OP can sacrifice a Friday morning.

I'm speaking from experience, as I had the same amount over , but showed up with no records so I couldn't do the PFJ.
The ADA reduced by half over and my insurance has stayed the same.
Unfortunately, I had court costs. The OP is a perfect candidate to use a PFJ.

You are absolutely correct ONE TIME. But the next time you use a PFJ or PJC, insurance picks it up regardless. Call your agent and check.

Old 09-06-2016, 04:34 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,480,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
You are absolutely correct ONE TIME. But the next time you use a PFJ or PJC, insurance picks it up regardless. Call your agent and check.
I know but drive more cautious, I know I do even having to pay the whole amount, but if I had notarized records which they would laugh at I would still attempt it to avoid all costs. Except now I cant use it til 2020
Attorney definitely is not needed with a notarized clean proven record, heck even if the OP doesn't use the prayer for judgment the DA will reduce it.

OP, bring the total cost just as an insurance, if not used go for treat afterward to eat at Emmas its a restaurant in a historic house.

I like this feature on Waze that the phone beeps if Im over the limit and it shows me the limit. I turn it on even I know where Im going.

Old 09-06-2016, 05:47 PM

2,158 posts, read 2,355,735 times
Quote:
I know but drive more cautious, I know I do even having to pay the whole amount, but if I had notarized records which they would laugh at I would still attempt it to avoid all costs. Except now I cant use it til 2020
Attorney definitely is not needed with a notarized clean proven record, heck even if the OP doesn't use the prayer for judgment the DA will reduce it.

OP, bring the total cost just as an insurance, if not used go for treat afterward to eat at Emmas its a restaurant in a historic house.

I like this feature on Waze that the phone beeps if Im over the limit and it shows me the limit. I turn it on even I know where Im going.
I do disagree with getting the ADA to reduce it. It still counts as points on your record. Your insurance company may wave the first points and they won't increase your rates, but why risk it for the 200 bucks you can pay an attorney to make the moving violation go away???

Save'em for when you need 'em.

You, obviously, have a better restraint system then I have for speed.

FYI: Thumbs up on Emma's!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or