Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2016, 03:15 PM

172 posts, read 109,626 times

Advertisements

I live in South Carolina, but not all that far from Charlotte. I would like to know what are some good restaurants downtown as well as which restaurants are near university area, that have their own parking lots? I'm not used to all of the big city pay for parking stuff, so when I meet someone, I would rather be able to use GPS to just get me there and park as opposed to still having to find parking, etc.

Please specify what area the listed restaurants are, whether they are downtown or in the university area (or are those areas the same?). Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2016, 06:21 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,372,406 times
Almost every restaurant in the university area has a parking lot. And that's nowhere near Uptown (as "downtown" is called), its several miles north of Uptown. If you live in SC, why not meet somewhere in South Charlotte?

Old 09-08-2016, 07:35 AM

1,985 posts, read 2,066,401 times
What kind of food do you want to eat? How much do you want to spend? What kind of ambiance are you looking for?

Old 09-08-2016, 08:51 AM

16 posts, read 22,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Nathan View Post
I live in South Carolina, but not all that far from Charlotte. I would like to know what are some good restaurants downtown as well as which restaurants are near university area, that have their own parking lots? I'm not used to all of the big city pay for parking stuff, so when I meet someone, I would rather be able to use GPS to just get me there and park as opposed to still having to find parking, etc.

Please specify what area the listed restaurants are, whether they are downtown or in the university area (or are those areas the same?). Thanks!
The best parking is on 7th st, it use to have the first 1 hr free. From there you can walk to everything, there are a few restaurants right on the corner from there. All price ranges, highest and best is capital grill. high priced but the food is great and good portions. when you leave your full have fun and this is uptown. All the restaurants in the university area have parking lots those are more normal places like Chilies boardwalk Billie's and others. up to you fine dinning uptown normal dinning university area take your pick for your pocket

Old 09-09-2016, 08:47 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
All the University Area restaurants have parking lots.

If you meet someone in Uptown just park in a deck and walk. There are parking decks everywhere.

Old 09-16-2016, 01:53 PM

501 posts, read 528,389 times
Since you specifically asked about downtown, restaurants do not have parking lots in downtown Charlotte. Pay parking and/or street parking is required.

Old 09-16-2016, 02:55 PM

6,321 posts, read 10,335,027 times
A lot of places do have free valet for patrons though

Old 09-17-2016, 10:39 AM

1,508 posts, read 2,977,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 555444 View Post
The best parking is on 7th st, it use to have the first 1 hr free.
The 7th street deck is expensive now... used to be completely free on the weekends. I was just there today (left my reading glasses at work and needed to retreive them).

$3 for 20 minutes and each additional twenty. Got outta there with 1 minute to spare, LOL

Old 09-18-2016, 07:17 AM

1,863 posts, read 1,651,283 times
We were going to go to Aria (before plans had to change) - they supposedly have valet parking.

Old 09-19-2016, 03:22 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,697,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
A lot of places do have free valet for patrons though

Yes. And they don't mind if you go elsewhere after dining and come back and get your car later.

Or there have been a number of occasions where we have dropped our car at the valet at an earlier time, said we would we be back for dinner later in the evening, and gone somewhere else first and they are fine with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: