U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 07:06 AM

21,881 posts, read 27,145,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_CLT View Post
I wonder how the Dallas Ingles stays in business. It's such a huge store for a small town, and usually uncrowded. And it's a standalone Ingles, no other smaller stores anchored adjacent to it.

The Food Lion there is a major step back in time... it's so small it reminds me of 1970s markets like "Sav-Way".

I'm also a little mystified why Wal*Mart put a neighborhood center on 279/321 when it's so close to the Wal*Mart on Myrtle in west Gastonia.
The Dallas Ingles gets people going to & from Hickory. I've stopped in there during the evening rush hour & the place is hopping. I've been in conversations with people at the Gastonia Aldi who have mentioned going to Ingles. Depending on where you live in Gastonia & what you want will determine which Ingles you go to.

Wal-Mart Neighborhood Markets opened in Gastonia, Kings Mountain, & Dallas. Trust me, Kings Mountain is much closer to the west Gastonia Wal-Mart than Dallas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2016, 10:08 PM

19,961 posts, read 18,803,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_CLT View Post
I wonder how the Dallas Ingles stays in business. It's such a huge store for a small town, and usually uncrowded. And it's a standalone Ingles, no other smaller stores anchored adjacent to it.

The Food Lion there is a major step back in time... it's so small it reminds me of 1970s markets like "Sav-Way".

I'm also a little mystified why Wal*Mart put a neighborhood center on 279/321 when it's so close to the Wal*Mart on Myrtle in west Gastonia.
I wonder how soon Food Lion #263, 3123 Dallas High Shoals Highway Dallas, North Carolina 28034, will close. It has no cars in its parking lot when compared to Ingle's #146, 715 West Trade Street, Dallas, North Carolina 28034-1544, and Walmart Neighborhood Market #7004, 1300 Dallas Cherryville Highway, Dallas, North Carolina 28034-8714.

Old 09-11-2016, 06:55 AM

1,508 posts, read 2,470,768 times
Oh yeah. I'll go in there once in a while for some milk, and chuckle to myself in bemusement that it's still a functioning store.

I can only guess that it's stayed open with an ulta-cheap lease in an ageing shopping center. The Wal*Mart is kind of a hassle to turn left out of, and head back to 321. The road is busy and wide there. So maybe the F.L. is convenient for just enough people to hang on.

Anyone who wants to feel like a kid again following your parents to the grocery... visit that Food Lion. Low ceilings and very short aisles.

Last edited by Sean_CLT; 09-11-2016 at 07:05 AM..

Old 09-17-2016, 06:21 PM

21,881 posts, read 27,145,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
August 22nd Grand Opening For WOW:

Grand opening Wow Supermarket
Wow Supermarket still isn't open. The owner can't be happy about this.

An article in the Gaston Gazette listed several unanticipated things that have to be done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or