U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 07:50 AM

29,527 posts, read 26,997,813 times

Advertisements

New reports are saying the victim was in possession of a gun that was recovered at the scene but no word on whether he pointed it at officers or anything like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2016, 07:57 AM

2,147 posts, read 2,340,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chb119 View Post
The problem with boiling it all down to that little generic statement, is the that you glossed over all the unknown facts.
I certainly did, you are correct.

But now it's claimed he had a gun.... let's produce it. If produced and validated it will automatically negate all the emotional daughter's statements, which also glossed over all the unknown facts, but effectively created a riot that touch a multitude of perfectly innocent people and businesses.

Two negatives only make a positive in math.

Old 09-21-2016, 07:58 AM

11,709 posts, read 9,317,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
If I am a law enforcement officer and the person of interest has a gun pointed at me, do you think my life would be in danger?
was the gun pointed at him?

we just witnessed a man with his hands up get killed because the officer was scared even though she had 4 other officers behind her and the deceased didnt have a weapon and wasnt even charging in her direction.

its odd how a terrorist can shoot at cops in NYC and live, a white guy can kill 9 people in a church and get a meal at burger king, and anither white male could kill 12 people in a theatre, look crazy as hell and have all types of bombs and weapons on him and still be taken alive.

i

Old 09-21-2016, 07:59 AM

3,428 posts, read 4,286,989 times
This became a mob mentality exacerbated by social media, which has no credibility as a reliable or accurate source. A tragedy indeed, but no excuse to block I-85, start fires and raid Walmart.

Old 09-21-2016, 08:01 AM

557 posts, read 699,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
This became a mob mentality exacerbated by social media, which has no credibility as a reliable or accurate source. A tragedy indeed, but no excuse to block I-85, start fires and raid Walmart.

Old 09-21-2016, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
I certainly did, you are correct.

But now it's claimed he had a gun.... let's produce it. If produced and validated it will automatically negate all the emotional daughter's statements, which also glossed over all the unknown facts, but effectively created a riot that touch a multitude of perfectly innocent people and businesses.

Two negatives only make a positive in math.
its not illegal to have a gun in NC.

Also have to remember this guy wasnt being served a warrant and the cop who confronted him was a plain clothed officer.

so if I'm a Black man minding my business and I see another Black man coming towards me with a gun what would my reaction be?

Old 09-21-2016, 08:03 AM

2,147 posts, read 2,340,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
its not illegal to have a gun in NC.

Also have to remember this guy wasnt being served a warrant and the cop who confronted him was a plain clothed officer.

so if I'm a Black man minding my business and I see another Black man coming towards me with a gun what would my reaction be?

The wrong one?

Old 09-21-2016, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
The wrong one?
correct, you are the wrong one to have a discussion with about this event.

Old 09-21-2016, 08:09 AM
LLN

4,975 posts, read 8,695,215 times
Once again lies on social media have whipped up some agitators into riots, looting and in fact, urban terrorism.

Just like case of the "gentle giant" in Ferguson, lies spread via the ubiquitous cell phone, people react and then, when the facts are released (and the police and mayor are pretty certain what they have seen and what they have in their possession) we do not even get a "my bad."

Old 09-21-2016, 08:16 AM
LLN

4,975 posts, read 8,695,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
was the gun pointed at him?

we just witnessed a man with his hands up get killed because the officer was scared even though she had 4 other officers behind her and the deceased didnt have a weapon and wasnt even charging in her direction.

its odd how a terrorist can shoot at cops in NYC and live, a white guy can kill 9 people in a church and get a meal at burger king, and anither white male could kill 12 people in a theatre, look crazy as hell and have all types of bombs and weapons on him and still be taken alive.

i
You appear to be too intelligent a person to post this stuff, You are cherry picking stats from four incidents among 300 million people to serve your own, not very well hidden, agenda.

Consider the terrorist in NYC. Shooting to kill would have robbed the authorities of valuable intelligence. Do you really think the arm and leg wounds were due to poor marksmanship? C'mon man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or