U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 08:23 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,132,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
correct, you are the wrong one to have a discussion with about this event.
Lol Felt, remember the Black guy that got gunned down in Walmart because he was holding a toy gun.

Cops shoot and kill man holding toy gun in Wal-Mart | MSNBC

http://www.theroot.com/articles/cult...lice_shooting/

I recall this stuff happening all the time when I was growing up. Cops would lie and cover it up, no proof but social media and the iphone has changed all of that. Still, even with Video rolling, people don't wanna believe their lying eyes. This sht ain't new, Black folk get shot all the time for no damn reason at all. It happens to white folk as well but not at the rate it does for Black males, its some scary sht....it really is and has always been this way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2016, 08:27 AM

22,974 posts, read 58,475,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Ahh so that is what happened.

WBTV is showing a press conference where there was some sort of African American riot last night. They didn't say what got the rioters worked up.
I watched much of the streams as I could last night til the streams where sparse.
In my original post, it is shown when the agitation of protestors turned and it could had been real uglier than what happen at this point as it was getting very agressive.

I commend the cops as they were very outnumbered at this point.
Watching the news live feed and some of the FB live feeds from people there. Some took aggression out on one police car others was throwing rocks and boulders. Claiming it theirs as they paid for it in taxes.....
This is when the tear gas was used to protect the vehicle and disperse them from protesting where the initial shooting occurred to a 20-minute walk to UNCC campus.

Every protestor assumes he was holding a book. Some mention just showing up to support a cause.
It was mentioned but couldn't see because it was crowded that the police was handing them water once they were at UNCC.

The incident on I85 occurred after I fell asleep and wsoc stop their feed at that time,

Far as this news conference, depending if the individual got the gun or was holding it which is the about as crazy thing to grab when a cop is approaching.

Old 09-21-2016, 08:33 AM

44,352 posts, read 17,716,609 times
Apparently far far worse than the local media would have one believe.

VIDEO=> Charlotte Race Protesters Loot Walmart of Flat Screen TVs and iPads

So it's more about excuse to get free TVs & Ipads.

Old 09-21-2016, 08:35 AM

19,959 posts, read 18,791,995 times
Quote:
was the gun pointed at him?

we just witnessed a man with his hands up get killed because the officer was scared even though she had 4 other officers behind her and the deceased didnt have a weapon and wasnt even charging in her direction.

its odd how a terrorist can shoot at cops in NYC and live, a white guy can kill 9 people in a church and get a meal at burger king, and anither white male could kill 12 people in a theatre, look crazy as hell and have all types of bombs and weapons on him and still be taken alive.

i
You did not answer the question.

Answer: Yes, my life and many other lives would be in danger. Who would I rather save: the person of interest with a loaded gun that can kill many people, or many innocent lives and myself?

Old 09-21-2016, 08:38 AM

537 posts, read 547,601 times
On Fox46, Black leaders are calling for a black boycott of Charlotte. Does that mean they all plan on packing up and moving to another city?

Old 09-21-2016, 08:46 AM

1,985 posts, read 1,383,447 times
Violent and irresponsible behavior of some of these protesters doesn't negate the validity of larger claims of oppression or police bias.

It's been a long time coming folks. You take on the policies and practices of big city, segregated, quietly racist and isolated towns across America (yes, especially where most of our newcomers came from), you eventually get the fallout. Welcome Charlotte. You've officially made it to the big time.

Charlotte's Violent Night - Charlotte Magazine - September 2016 - Charlotte, NC

One long term solution to this is addressing our poor standing in economic mobility measures through addressing our poorly performing desegregated schools.

New Research Shows Mecklenburg County Among Worst For Economic Mobility | WFAE

Short term solutions are:

1. National hiring standards for police. If your department can't meet the standard, close it down.
2. All police shootings investigated by the Feds. Knowing this alone would cut down on the number of bad shoots.
3. Demilitarize the police. The public is not your enemy and you are not at war. Stop training your officers like they are in Iraq.
4. Stop teaching your officers than any black man with a gun is a threat and that you are justified in executing him/her on the spot.

Old 09-21-2016, 08:51 AM

1,730 posts, read 2,293,104 times
Lightbulb Don't You Just Wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Father View Post
On Fox46, Black leaders are calling for a black boycott of Charlotte. Does that mean they all plan on packing up and moving to another city?
If you mean the leaders, or even the entire black population en masse, that would be a most emphatic NO

If I DID live there, trust me, my continued staying (or leaving) would not be predicated or motivated by someone's post on an internet chat forum, who basically can do nothing about anything EXCEPT post on said forum

To the Charlotte forum: I apologize once again for my intrusion, as I am not a resident of the city...however, I had been following reports of the incident and this thread, and I felt compelled to reply

Charlotte has been taking it on the chin lately, as well as the state of NC...but I'm here to tell you, current events notwithstanding, I'd still consider Charlotte and NC as a whole as a good place to live...I don't pass judgment on a city/state or it's populace, based on isolated incidents

Old 09-21-2016, 08:52 AM

1,474 posts, read 3,367,013 times
Nothing but pure hate spewing form these "leaders'" mouths. I like how they are calling for black people to leave "white" churches because the white pastors don't visit "their community". My church is large and extremely diverse. White, black, Asian, Hispanic, all worshiping side-by-side. What exactly is "their community"? The thug community? Do they think they speak for ALL blacks just because of skin color?

It is true, there have been unjustified police shootings of black men. Guess what? There are also unjustified shootings of white men. Does this mean the police are against the white man? You don't hear as much about those because they don't matter. Those stories do not stir controversy. So, they take a shooting like this, and before the police have the opportunity to clear the scene, the entitled people begin rioting and screaming injustice. They know ZERO facts about the case. Go get your free TV from someone who has nothing to do with it. Yeah, that will prove your "point". Go get 'em, Tiger.

The only thing that disorder and thuggish protests prove is that the people crying foul have a very limited level of intellect and constructive thinking in order to deal with what they deem an issue. It also proves that they demand special treatment in all circumstances, even when they are wrong. Nothing's new here. Let these "religious" leaders in the "Hood" community continue to preach hate and encourage disorder. They'll get far more than they ever could handle.

This isn't about race. It's a cultural imbalance and it does nothing but alienate a segment of the population even more.

Old 09-21-2016, 08:56 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,142,597 times
Heres the problem in America regarding cops, particularly ones who are trigger happy. Speaking as someone who's husband is a former cop and current 911 dispatcher.

I went to culinary school to be a chef longer than my husband went to police academy to be a cop. My knife skill courses were longer than his communication courses. Most of his academy was spent on self defense/gun skills. It took me longer to get certified to work in a kitchen with knifes than for him to be on the streets with a gun.

Explain that bulls***

Old 09-21-2016, 08:56 AM

343 posts, read 486,228 times
Quote:
its not illegal to have a gun in NC.

Also have to remember this guy wasnt being served a warrant and the cop who confronted him was a plain clothed officer.

so if I'm a Black man minding my business and I see another Black man coming towards me with a gun what would my reaction be?
Plain clothes officer was wearing his CMPD issued vest with the word POLICE on the front and back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or