U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2016, 08:56 AM

5 posts, read 1,969 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone!
My family will be moving to Charlotte in June. My son will be starting high school there. I am trying to decide between Charlotte Catholic, Providence or Audrey Kell. I would appreciate any first hand experiences with these schools. I have researched on the internet, but would love to hear the good, the bad and the ugly about these schools. My son does well in school. He would do honors and AP classes. He is very into stem subjects. He like XC, track and fencing. My husband will be working on the Ballantyne area. I want to focus on the schools to determine where to live. I also have a fourth grader and seventh grader as well. I would love to find them schools that will be a good fit. Thanks so much for any and all help! It is truly appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2016, 09:26 AM

11,228 posts, read 19,674,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarjack4 View Post
I am trying to decide between Charlotte Catholic, Providence or Audrey Kell. I would appreciate any first hand experiences with these schools.
See Post #10 in this thread from an Ardrey Kell parent: Chicago to Charlotte

Old 09-21-2016, 09:45 AM

129 posts, read 193,194 times
Hi Jarjack4
Welcome! I live in Ballantyne and I have a Freshman and a senior at Ardrey Kell HS. Both are on the XC team. We love the area and we have been very happy with Elementary school & Middle schools too that our children attended here. The area has experienced growth during this time and there is always "talk" of redistricting.
The Ballantyne area is growing.
There has been redistricting in the Union county area in the past, which people were not happy about and I can't say that I blame them either.( Full disclosure I am an agent and people do purchase homes based on schools, I did so myself when I moved here).I have friends with children that attend Charlotte Catholic and they are happy with that school the good thing about that is you don't worry about redistricting because it's private however it's expensive if you have a couple of kids.
If you have any further questions please feel free to ask! You can pm me too!

Old 09-21-2016, 09:48 AM

Thanks! Would love to hear more about Charlotte Catholic!

Old 09-21-2016, 09:51 AM

Thanks so much! I appreciate your insights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or