U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 06:57 PM
NDL

3,151 posts, read 3,623,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
Didn't say I agreed with her, just that I tried to see their point of view.

I also agree with you, that calling them early may have instilled a bit more confidence in the business community who, in my opinion, suffered an unwarranted injustice.
No, I know we're on the same page...I was just playing devil's advocate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 07:03 PM
NDL

3,151 posts, read 3,623,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_CLT View Post
I wonder if Roberts political career is finished. She won't be such a hot commodity to be a shoo-in for a Congressional race again.
Your guess is as good as mine.

Last week, the Charlotte Chamber was asking her to play nice with the State, so that HB2 would be rescinded.

At this point, even former supporters might think her to be too much of a liability.

Old 09-23-2016, 09:11 AM

830 posts, read 1,315,973 times
As a lifelong democrat, I voted for Peacock in the last election. Roberts is fine as a behind the scenes politician, but not as a leader.

Old 09-23-2016, 09:31 AM

375 posts, read 316,094 times
I'm unhappy with both our Mayor and Governor in all of this. The Mayor hasn't lead us through this very well, the Governor really hasn't been around.

I know he declared a state of emergency and dispatch the SHP and the NG, but beyond that, he really hasn't done anything.

He needs to be at these press conferences with the COP and the Mayor.

Old 09-23-2016, 03:53 PM

3,448 posts, read 4,320,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacon4 View Post
Shouldn't the mayor be more visible during this troubling time? Aside from a few tweets & an interview on PBS last night where she seemed totally out of touch with the reality on the ground here she has mostly been MIA. Perhaps she is busy on really important matters like forcing everyone to adhere to her bathroom policies.
I have seen her on most of the national networks and various press conferences. I don't think she has been in seclusion.

Old 09-23-2016, 04:18 PM

44,474 posts, read 17,754,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlterp View Post
As a lifelong democrat, I voted for Peacock in the last election. Roberts is fine as a behind the scenes politician, but not as a leader.

She's good for raising taxes.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:24 PM

367 posts, read 558,709 times
I'm trying to keep my tone/words peaceful but Jennifer Roberts is a disgrace to this city.

I'm not regurgitating what everyone else has already said, but I've had a couple interactions with her. The one that bothered me the most was last election day last November. I was walking into my voting precinct and she was out there pandering and trying to stop people to talk.

I'm there to vote and like 99.9% of everyone else, I already have my mind made up by the time I'm at the precinct. She came walking up right to me with her fake politician smile (BTW- please fix your teeth) and said...

I stopped her right there and said "Please go away- I already know who I'm voting for." She laughed and kept trying.

I wanted to get right in her face, but I just ate breakfast.

Old 09-24-2016, 02:45 AM

74 posts, read 50,984 times
Basically, Charlotte has had a bad run since McCrory left, first with Cannon who turned out to be a criminal and now Roberts, a rigid ideologue who seems to have a knack for giving the city a black eye. This lady is in way over her head and it shows, chief Putney on the other hand has done a great job considering he had zero to work with in the mayors office. It is my understanding that he is the one who made the decision to call the governor for help after the mayor refused to act. BRAVO! chief Putney!

Old 09-24-2016, 05:37 AM

1,508 posts, read 2,472,424 times
Roberts was off to a bad start with the bathroom ordinanace - that took up an inordinate amount of time from the council when they could have been discussing issues more pertinant the the majority of the citizens. Then it boomeranged with HB2 and double boomeranged with national acts boycotting Charlotte in the process.

Heck even Cannon might have been better. He'd have greased his hands behind the scenes, but was at least a local fixture who could also shake hands with influential people and get things done.

Old 09-24-2016, 07:56 AM

367 posts, read 558,709 times
I'd take Cannon back in a heartbeat.

Too bad Pat can't be a good Gov like he was a mayor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or