U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 04:07 PM

214 posts, read 471,310 times

Advertisements

I moved my family from Charlotte twenty-three years ago but I still have family and property there and keep up with current events there, mainly through the internet.

During that time ('80s,early '90s), Charlotte was being saturated with Louis Farrakhan and the nation of Islam. It was on local cable and they were passing out their literature on the streets around town. Now, this has been going on for years, decades. Farrakhan's militants were in the neighborhoods, preaching their message of hate and division.

Have you heard Louis Farrakhan in person or on TV? If you have then you can understand where "whitey is the enemy", "pigs", "the knock out game" and a host of other phrases and things came from.

What we are seeing across the nation is a people (Americans), that have rejected Jesus Christ and His Kingdom of love for Him and your neighbor and have embraced satan and his kingdom and all the destruction that comes along with it. Charlotte, the enlightened city, has rebelled against God and His Holy Word and determined that she will go her own way and do what she wants, even if it is contrary to the Word of God. The Bible teaches that when you reject Light you get darkness.

Charlotte, like Laodicea in the New Testament, is a prosperous city, a banking and commercial center. It has also left it's first Love. Some great evangelists and some great moves of God have happened in the past but Charlotteans now, as a whole, have traded their love of God for the love of money and sports and things.

Revelation 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked.

Am I talking about everyone in Charlotte? Of course not. There are still a lot of God fearing, Bible believing Christians in Charlotte. They are just greatly outnumbered now.

The Bible is clear:

Psalm 9:
17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

Please pray for Charlotte. Please pray that God will raise up fearless men of God to go out in the streets and preach the Gospel and believe God to work along side of them with His miracles, signs and wonders following (Hebrews 2:4).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 05:10 PM

18 posts, read 15,529 times
You lost me when you started talking about "god".

Old 09-22-2016, 05:29 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,671,104 times
dlcamp - My feeling is ..."that it's better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven! " Thump yer bible elsewhere ...like in the Religion forum!

Old 09-22-2016, 06:13 PM
NDL

3,143 posts, read 3,616,942 times
The poster has a right to share his/her feelings, and people have a right to ignore what they've written.

Most of the folks on this forum are not people of faith, so I don't know how profitable it would be to appeal to them on a faith basis.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:20 PM

1,985 posts, read 1,385,125 times
Charlotte still is home to many active and thriving faith communities. I don't agree that popular sports teams and business success make Charlotte less likely to demonstrate grace and faith.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:36 PM

4,202 posts, read 3,565,208 times
I think this thread belongs in the religion section on city data. Perhaps the problems is a weak demostration of believers with no love, but a form of godliness void of power. People are tired of gimmicks and will not follow something phony. The majority of believers demostrate little evidence of the fruit of spirit and the nature of God which is love and acceptance of everyone.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:44 PM

18 posts, read 15,529 times
There is no god,only science.

Old 09-22-2016, 08:43 PM

221 posts, read 105,255 times
There is no outcry among protestors about the black man shot in the head by another thug-tester on Wednesday night.

Only over a law enforcement use of deadly force (which, like Ferguson and the other "modern day lynchings" (puhleeeeeze) which will be found by a grand jury (including black and minority jurors) to be justified, by the totality of the circumstances.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:12 AM

164 posts, read 127,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RepublicanForLife View Post
There is no god,only science.
Where is your scientific proof?

Old 09-25-2016, 07:54 AM

501 posts, read 339,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
The poster has a right to share his/her feelings, and people have a right to ignore what they've written.

Most of the folks on this forum are not people of faith, so I don't know how profitable it would be to appeal to them on a faith basis.
I agree. I am not a religious person and I gave the posting no serious thought. Nevertheless, he has as much right as we to post. I have noticed that on this board, the ones that consider themselves as "progressives" and liberal are the ones that mock and show hatred to people with differing opinions or views. Differing views are good as nobody is right about everything and it is likely that everyone can learn something by listening to the views of everyone or being kind and simply ignoring if they don't wish to discuss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or