U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2016, 02:58 PM

11,720 posts, read 9,343,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
What gives anyone the right to ruin someone else's business for an unrelated reason?
its called collateral damage. No one said it was right but it happens when people get upset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2016, 03:04 PM

578 posts, read 328,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley09swb View Post
In the lab where they found Keith Scott's DNA, blood and fingerprints.
Good,now can they also release the video footage of where he walked up to them and pointed the gun?

Because their outlets(and some officers themselves)saying he didn't point a gun.

And I believe their some cover ups..

Old 09-23-2016, 03:05 PM

37 posts, read 14,508 times
[quote=tyronejacobs0;45588951][quote=The One Race;45588921]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejacobs0 View Post
Cops lost people's respect

If a cop told you,take your clothes off and run naked would you do it?If you know your laws you have the right to disobey cop's order if its not reasonable(I went to law school for stuff like this).A cop is not a God just because someone doesn't comply doesn't mean you can kill them.

The example was extreme I can agree with that but I was just showing not EVERYTHING a cop tells you is right and you can question a cop and refuse a cop's order(depending on what he asks you).

OK, lets keep it real....so lets say I am parked in a neighborhood, minding my own business, sitting in my car, reading a book....I happen to look around and see a bunch of cop cars. My first thought is "WTF"....If I start hearing yells of "Get out of the car"....guess what, I am getting out of the car. If I then hear over and over again "Drop it", "Drop it"....I am dropping whatever it is in my hand....book, keys, ipad, cell phone, wallet, whatever it is

Now, lets take some hypotheitcals into account....what if he did have a gun (I am assuming, we don't know if he did or didn't). If I have my gun and its unholstered, I am getting out of the car WITHOUT the gun, my hands are up and I am speaking in a loud voice "My gun is in my car" and waiting for the next orders from the PO's....If my gun is holstered, I am getting out of the car, hands up, letting the PO's know "I am legally carrying a weapon" again, awaiting for the next command from the PO's. I AM NOT getting out of the car, gun in my hand and not dropping it when they tell me to....over and over again

Old 09-23-2016, 03:05 PM

8,723 posts, read 7,928,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejacobs0 View Post
The example was extreme I can agree with that but I was just showing not EVERYTHING a cop tells you is right and you can question a cop and refuse a cop's order(depending on what he asks you).

Questioning and refusing cop's commands while you are (allegedly) holding a gun and have 4 or more officers pointing their weapons at you, is a good way to get yourself shot.

Now, did his brain injury play a part? May very well have, based on the little we know about his condition. However, if he is impaired because of a brain injury, and apparently a convicted felon, to boot, he probably shouldn't have had a gun in the first place.

Right?

We still don't haven enough info.

Old 09-23-2016, 03:06 PM

1,985 posts, read 1,383,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Questioning and refusing cop's commands while you are (allegedly) holding a gun and have 4 or more officers pointing their weapons at you, is a good way to get yourself shot.

Now, did his brain injury play a part? May very well have, based on the little we know about his condition. However, if he is impaired because of a brain injury, and apparently a convicted felon, to boot, he probably shouldn't have had a gun in the first place.

Right?

We still don't haven enough info.
Or driving.

Old 09-23-2016, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
its called collateral damage. No one said it was right but it happens when people get upset.

C'mon, man! It's called vandalism and destruction of private property and it's illegal - even when people are "upset".

Stop trying to justify the rioting. I understand be frustrated to the point where you WANT to smash and burn some stuff. It's still a choice to actually follow through on that desire or not, these people are not some helpless victims of circumstance.

Old 09-23-2016, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essequamvideri View Post
Or driving.

Yes, excellent point/question.

Old 09-23-2016, 03:11 PM

37 posts, read 14,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post

Felt, its a CRIME....maybe next time I am "upset", its ok for me to come over to your house, throw a brick thru your window and take your TV....I was just upset, right....all is good

Old 09-23-2016, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Race View Post

OK, lets keep it real....so lets say I am parked in a neighborhood, minding my own business, sitting in my car, reading a book....I happen to look around and see a bunch of cop cars. My first thought is "WTF"....If I start hearing yells of "Get out of the car"....guess what, I am getting out of the car. If I then hear over and over again "Drop it", "Drop it"....I am dropping whatever it is in my hand....book, keys, ipad, cell phone, wallet, whatever it is

Now, lets take some hypotheitcals into account....what if he did have a gun (I am assuming, we don't know if he did or didn't). If I have my gun and its unholstered, I am getting out of the car WITHOUT the gun, my hands are up and I am speaking in a loud voice "My gun is in my car" and waiting for the next orders from the PO's....If my gun is holstered, I am getting out of the car, hands up, letting the PO's know "I am legally carrying a weapon" again, awaiting for the next command from the PO's. I AM NOT getting out of the car, gun in my hand and not dropping it when they tell me to....over and over again
In other word's you believe the officer's were right and their shooting was justified correct?

I agree with some of your scenario how ever you also gotta look at the other way,cops shouldn't resolve to violence.Telling someone to drop the gun over and over(rumors was he was deaf)and then shooting them 4 times rather then first before responding to the situation is to find out about the person.I believe better police training would help,imagine being "deaf" and having "brain injuries" doesn't make you a threat but makes you a little slow and for a cop to execute you for responding to their orders slow makes me feel unsafe around them.

Old 09-23-2016, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Race View Post
Felt, its a CRIME....maybe next time I am "upset", its ok for me to come over to your house, throw a brick thru your window and take your TV....I was just upset, right....all is good
Well the police commited CRIME by murdering UNARMED citizens(not speaking on this case) and they have no consquences besides a pay raise. Maybe I should get a job as an officer and heck next time i pull you over and you give me a bad attitude i might lock you up or shoot you,after all its my job
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or