Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 10:27 AM

501 posts, read 528,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
How about this. . .I gave a broad overview. You don't know how I was raised or who I knew. You also, obviously, are clueless as to how Frank Rizzo ran Philadelphia like a police state, bragging about police cracking skulls at peaceful antiwar rallys where there were no flags burned as well as at the peaceful protests of black people.

I made mention of anti war rallys as younger people seemed oblivious that white boomers could understand police violence. Maybe you also missed me saying that I stayed away.

You're welcome to your opinion, but that ends when you attempt to rewrite someone else's post to meet your agenda.
The first thing I mentioned was that the things for which you experienced simply didn't happen here. That is not that hard to understand. How can you turn this into an attempt to "rewrite" your posts?

I made no attempt to rewrite what you said. I simply made the comparison of what happened in other places didn't happen here. I don't understand your anger. You said nothing with which I disagree. And, what is my agenda?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2016, 10:58 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,678,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lassielad View Post
The first thing I mentioned was that the things for which you experienced simply didn't happen here. That is not that hard to understand. How can you turn this into an attempt to "rewrite" your posts?

I made no attempt to rewrite what you said. I simply made the comparison of what happened in other places didn't happen here. I don't understand your anger. You said nothing with which I disagree. And, what is my agenda?
Your assumption of how others including me were raised & what was going on. I made a one & done post. In Philadelphia & Baltimore you didn't have to disrespect or threaten police to be disrespected &/or threatened if you fell into specific groups or if they thought that you did.

That doesn't mean that it's OK to riot, destroy or deface property, or injure or kill someone. I've said it before, but you may have missed that as well, several people should be charged with inciting a riot.

Old 10-05-2016, 11:07 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
Quote:
Why aren't whites up in arms about the poor white guy that was beaten and clothes stripped off by the gang of thugs, or the Air Force guy on leave that was innocently walking when a group walked by and someone sucker punched him breaking his jaw landing him in the hospital. This sort of thing happens around the country daily without media mention. I guess white lives "don't" matter. This whole situation is all about racism and/or looting. How can anyone not see it? The figures show clearly that blacks are not victims of cops. Today a black was shot in L.A. The black was video taped pulling out his gun and aiming it at the cops. Where is black leadership and Obama? I believe that the Black Police Chief's hands were tied. However, I wish we could trade him for the Chief of Police in Milwaukee. HP91, I agree with you totally.
well, you sound up in arms...

and plenty of others on here have spent days, hell, years on CD complaining.

Old 10-05-2016, 12:32 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,933,711 times
Quote:
[b]Why aren't whites up in arms about the poor white guy that was beaten and clothes stripped off by the gang of thugs, or the Air Force guy on leave that was innocently walking when a group walked by and someone sucker punched him breaking his jaw landing him in the hospital. This sort of thing happens around the country daily without media mention. I guess white lives "don't" matter.
If it doesn't get media attention, then how did you find out about it? And instances of violence between private citizens of all races happen all the time; it would have to be something especially heinous to dominate headlines.

Quote:
The figures show clearly that blacks are not victims of cops.
Except they do (statistics prove it), and it goes far beyond shootings; just see the DOJ reports for Baltimore, Ferguson, and even lily White Seattle for starters. Check out the reports on the unconstitutional manner stop and frisk was being deployed in NYC. Look at the racial disparities that exist when it comes to arrests, convictions, and sentencings for Black drug users versus White, although Blacks and Whites use drugs at nearly the same rates. Hell, look at what happened just up the road in Greensboro not too long ago.

Old 10-05-2016, 02:36 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,933,711 times
Quote:
The figures show clearly that blacks are not victims of cops.
And you can add this to the list, hot off the press: Ga. deputy fired for racist Facebook posts, targeting black motorists

Quote:
However, I wish we could trade him for the Chief of Police in Milwaukee.
Yeah the Milwaukee Chief of Police seems to be a pretty level-headed, reasonable guy...unlike the kooky, nearly unhinged sheriff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte