U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-23-2016, 02:31 PM
 
221 posts, read 106,221 times
Reputation: 345

Advertisements

Required reading for anyone confused (or "frustrated") as to why no one outside thugs, easily duped protestors and victims of "white guilt" are buying any of this "police brutality" b.s., knowingly ignited by Obama in 2009 and the flames of which have been fanned by the media since.

The Danger of the “Black Lives Matter” Movement by Heather MacDonald
Imprimis Magazine, a publication of Hillsdale College April 2016 • Volume 45, Number 4


The Danger of the “Black Lives Matter” Movement: https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/the-d...tter-movement/

Heather Mac Donald is the Thomas W. Smith Fellow at the Manhattan Institute and a contributing editor of City Journal. She earned a B.A. from Yale University, an M.A. in English from Cambridge University, and a J.D. from Stanford Law
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-25-2016, 01:40 PM
 
5,102 posts, read 5,982,671 times
Reputation: 3116
Don't use the word "thugs." Use the word that you really mean - the one it is a proxy for. Drop the dog whistle and show everybody.

After all, you won't want to be "PC" now do you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2016, 01:52 PM
 
5,825 posts, read 13,322,905 times
Reputation: 9303
Excellent article, thanks for sharing. IMO Obama has done more to incite racism as his legacy than anything else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2016, 02:34 PM
 
501 posts, read 342,467 times
Reputation: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
Don't use the word "thugs." Use the word that you really mean - the one it is a proxy for. Drop the dog whistle and show everybody.

After all, you won't want to be "PC" now do you...
The word thug refers to a criminal. People can take words from the English language and classify them as they wish to satisfy their political agenda but it means nothing. If one wants to make "thugs" share the same meaning as the "N" word, that's fine for you and others. But for the rest of us that respect Daniel Webster's interpretations in his dictionary, we will stick with the generic description. Everything isn't about black and white.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2016, 02:36 PM
 
501 posts, read 342,467 times
Reputation: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Excellent article, thanks for sharing. IMO Obama has done more to incite racism as his legacy than anything else.
Amen, good riddance to him in January, I hope to god we don't have four more years of his crap by his replacement. We will certainly be doomed. He has been a nightmare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2016, 04:44 PM
 
520 posts, read 302,863 times
Reputation: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakefront16 View Post
Required reading for anyone confused (or "frustrated") as to why no one outside thugs, easily duped protestors and victims of "white guilt" are buying any of this "police brutality" b.s., knowingly ignited by Obama in 2009 and the flames of which have been fanned by the media since.

The Danger of the “Black Lives Matter” Movement by Heather MacDonald
Imprimis Magazine, a publication of Hillsdale College April 2016 • Volume 45, Number 4


The Danger of the “Black Lives Matter” Movement: https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/the-d...tter-movement/

Heather Mac Donald is the Thomas W. Smith Fellow at the Manhattan Institute and a contributing editor of City Journal. She earned a B.A. from Yale University, an M.A. in English from Cambridge University, and a J.D. from Stanford Law
Excellent article, too bad media and politicians would always use tragedy for their own gain while spreading lies that fit their agenda.
I do hope that people who live under fear for their lives due to local criminal activities will secretly vote against the politicians that benefit from amplifying and perpetuating from their misery.

Doing same thing and expecting different results it will never work, it is time for a change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top