U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-30-2016, 06:47 AM
 
Location: East Lansing, MI
8,723 posts, read 7,928,007 times
Reputation: 3698

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I've no idea what you are talking about. Do you think the CMPD posts a link to everything going on in the department.?

You guys are still trying to blame this on the police. Nobody believes you anymore. The videos and evidence prove the police acted properly. And the BLM idiots and their violent riots where the priority was to steal liquor, NBA merchandise, Air Jordans, TVs and Ipads speak to this.


If you read my posts, you'll see I'm one of the guys NOT blaming Ofc. Vinson.


If you read my posts, you'd also see that I linked to a Charlotte Observer article where the CMPD clearly states they were plainclothes officers there to serve a warrant, not undercover officers on some sort of drug sting. Unless you're taking a page from the "hands up, don't shoot" crowd and facts simply don't matter to you?




Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-30-2016, 06:52 AM
 
Location: Charlotte NC
11,720 posts, read 9,343,453 times
Reputation: 5230
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
If you read my posts, you'll see I'm one of the guys NOT blaming Ofc. Vinson.


If you read my posts, you'd also see that I linked to a Charlotte Observer article where the CMPD clearly states they were plainclothes officers there to serve a warrant, not undercover officers on some sort of drug sting. Unless you're taking a page from the "hands up, don't shoot" crowd and facts simply don't matter to you?




lol... waldo is in a zone.

he isn't trying to hear facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2016, 08:09 PM
 
5,869 posts, read 7,701,590 times
Reputation: 3366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
where is the rest of the videos?

CMPD releases full video of fatal Keith Lamont Scott shooting | The Charlotte Observer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2016, 08:36 PM
NDL
 
Location: Gaston County
3,128 posts, read 3,610,899 times
Reputation: 2048
I don't know why the Observer published the entire video.

I'm sorry I watched it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2016, 09:24 PM
 
72 posts, read 48,905 times
Reputation: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
I don't know why the Observer published the entire video.
When the news about the shooting first broke, everyone was clamoring to see the video, and even while the police chief was doing the right thing by waiting to be sure there was no negative impact on the investigation, CMPD was being accused of cover-ups and conspiracies and what not.

Then when they finally did release the video and all of the other evidence that confirmed everything they were saying and proved that the shooting (while admittedly tragic overall) was in fact justified, everyone who wanted to believe there was a police brutality case is now saying "oh man we didn't need to see THAT".

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't world these days. I feel bad the cops have to be subjected to this.

I also feel bad that Keith Scott was in a wreck that caused a brain injury and had a troubled past. I can't help but wonder if his wife had communicated that he had a brain injury (is a cop, under stress of an imminent gunfight, to be expected to know every medical abbreviation or acronym such as what "TBI" stands for? Would it have been so hard for her to tell them he has a mental disability or brain injury? I don't TBI is in everyones vocabulary. Even if cops are trained in that particular term, to assume they all know what it means was a bad idea IMO).

The wife knew he was a danger to himself and others, in illegal possession of a firearm under conditions of a mental disability, and had exhibited threatening behavior before. So as she is saying "he doesn't have a gun", while he is clearly has one in his hand, are the cops supposed to believe anything else she says after that?

The whole situation is sad, both in the tragedy itself but more in the sense that so many in society want to place the blame on the police, when clearly the only person who contributed to the outcome as much as Scott did was his wife. Sad that she lost a loved one but she directly facilitated that loss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2016, 05:13 AM
 
Location: East Lansing, MI
8,723 posts, read 7,928,007 times
Reputation: 3698
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
I don't know why the Observer published the entire video.

I'm sorry I watched it.


Because of all the people DEMANDING that all the footage be released?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2016, 05:20 AM
 
Location: East Lansing, MI
8,723 posts, read 7,928,007 times
Reputation: 3698
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I've no idea what you are talking about. Do you think the CMPD posts a link to everything going on in the department.?...


I was hoping for a link to where you got your information that the officer was undercover.


As we've already agreed, not ALL police in plainclothes are undercover. So, I'm still waiting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2016, 05:58 AM
 
1,985 posts, read 1,383,823 times
Reputation: 1407
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiwalla View Post
When the news about the shooting first broke, everyone was clamoring to see the video, and even while the police chief was doing the right thing by waiting to be sure there was no negative impact on the investigation, CMPD was being accused of cover-ups and conspiracies and what not.

Then when they finally did release the video and all of the other evidence that confirmed everything they were saying and proved that the shooting (while admittedly tragic overall) was in fact justified, everyone who wanted to believe there was a police brutality case is now saying "oh man we didn't need to see THAT".

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't world these days. I feel bad the cops have to be subjected to this.

I also feel bad that Keith Scott was in a wreck that caused a brain injury and had a troubled past. I can't help but wonder if his wife had communicated that he had a brain injury (is a cop, under stress of an imminent gunfight, to be expected to know every medical abbreviation or acronym such as what "TBI" stands for? Would it have been so hard for her to tell them he has a mental disability or brain injury? I don't TBI is in everyones vocabulary. Even if cops are trained in that particular term, to assume they all know what it means was a bad idea IMO).

The wife knew he was a danger to himself and others, in illegal possession of a firearm under conditions of a mental disability, and had exhibited threatening behavior before. So as she is saying "he doesn't have a gun", while he is clearly has one in his hand, are the cops supposed to believe anything else she says after that?

The whole situation is sad, both in the tragedy itself but more in the sense that so many in society want to place the blame on the police, when clearly the only person who contributed to the outcome as much as Scott did was his wife. Sad that she lost a loved one but she directly facilitated that loss.

When judging police actions many presume innocence and good intention and when judging the actions of a subject presume poor intention and give no benefit of the doubt. All of your good questions About TBI and whether and officer should he assumed to know are valid, and the steps for follow up can be equally applied to the officer. Why didn't the officer ask her? Why didn't they try to learn more before escalating? I don't think the police were unjustified in shooting Keith but there are many actions they could have taken that would have saved his life. Coming up with all sorts of blaming scenarios that only consider the actions of Lamont and his wife and totally disregarding the role of the police shows your bias.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2016, 06:54 AM
 
72 posts, read 48,905 times
Reputation: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essequamvideri View Post
When judging police actions many presume innocence and good intention and when judging the actions of a subject presume poor intention and give no benefit of the doubt. All of your good questions About TBI and whether and officer should he assumed to know are valid, and the steps for follow up can be equally applied to the officer. Why didn't the officer ask her? Why didn't they try to learn more before escalating?
Because when a perpetrator has just been found to have drugs, is disobeying orders to comply with the law, and pulls a gun out of his leg holster to deal with you, only an idiot would schedule a spontaneous medical background interview with the perps wife:

"Excuse me sir, I know you're doing drugs and have a loaded gun and all, but if you could spare my life long enough for me to have a quick chat with your wife I sure would appreciate it. MMkay? Thanks".
......
"Now Mam, tell me a little more about this TBI you speak of? Not being a physician, the fellas and I here don't know what that stands for". [Scott stands patiently, locked and loaded in the background waiting to see if the conversation turns out in his favor before he opens fire on the cops].

If you're going to continue to ask such poorly thought out questions, I'm just going to stop responding to you in particular.

They shot him because HE MADE THE CHOICE to put the situation into a life or death decision situation. There is not time to start engaging in complex conversations at that point. Split decisions must be made based on what's going on right now. Chit chat is not an option. Use your brain FFS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essequamvideri View Post
I don't think the police were unjustified in shooting Keith but there are many actions they could have taken that would have saved his life. Coming up with all sorts of blaming scenarios that only consider the actions of Lamont and his wife and totally disregarding the role of the police shows your bias.
Yes I have a bias against any movement that supports vandalizing property by spray painting their slogan, randomly murdering innocent cops that are doing nothing but enjoying their lunch break, and cries wolf incessantly like a spoiled child until they get their way, even before facts are known. And then when facts are known, they don't have the stones to come forward and say "you know, now that all the facts are out it appears we were wrong and those compassionate officers did in fact try to save his life after he insisted on committing suicide by cop".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2016, 07:31 AM
LLN
 
Location: Upstairs closet
4,976 posts, read 8,714,565 times
Reputation: 6443
This whole deal is getting very boring, but it is telling that none of the people "certain" that the police gunned down an innocent man, have stepped forward with the same bravado, to apologize for their rash behavior and erroneous accusations.

In particular, in the spirit of transparency and accountability, where are the daughter and the wife, whose blatant lies on social media, sparked riots, going to be held accountable. It is tragic that their father/husband died, but the accountability deal works both ways.

And where are those two preachers who swore the one yahoo was shot by police?

And where is the guy from Kalamazoo? Can't wait to hear his "My bad"

And how about the dork with the bow tie, telling all the black people in Charlotte to not buy anything from whitey? What a fool.

At least William Barber had the good sense to close his pie hole when he got to town and got the straight skinny. I compliment him on that.

Yessir, one thing we can all stand for is transparency and accountability.

Last edited by LLN; 10-05-2016 at 07:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top