Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 05:22 PM

74 posts, read 67,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejacobs0 View Post
Police are nothing but thugs in government uniform!
Well that's quite a uniformist thing to say!.

Make sure you never dial 911 if you gets into troubles yo, otherwise dem thugs come atcha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2016, 11:57 AM

888 posts, read 805,916 times
We need all police to shoot first and some ding dong attorney can ask questions later. A bullet hole in a guys head will change his ways in 4 seconds.

Old 10-07-2016, 04:09 PM

1,863 posts, read 1,653,765 times
Take up the Policeman's burden--
And reap his old reward:
The blame of those ye serve,
The hate of those ye guard--

Old 10-07-2016, 07:13 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,731,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essequamvideri View Post
Do you think all of the accusations and fears of cover up would have even occurred if the video was released sooner? There are many valid reasons many in the community distrust the police. This scenario, the lies that came out of it and poor transparency/communication by police in the immediate hours after, amplified the reaction.

I agree that the daughter should apologize and the 'witness' who said the black officer was not on the scene needs to explain herself. They are guilty of fanning the flames with false information and making the reaction far worse than it should have been.
Since a lot occurred almost instantaneously, I think it would have, but not releasing the video was .. let's see ... ah ...stupid. It should have been released before people "demanded" it.

Back when I taught I used to beg, really, to have cameras in my classroom. I was proud of what I did and how I did it. But school said no, since parents did not want their little angels on film. Ignorance is bliss.

I believe the police are in the same situation. Over time, and not very much time, they will be smelling like roses, and the many bad actors with whom they deal, on an hourly basis, will be revealed to all. Man I would turn my camera on the nano second I left home.

But that is just me.

Old 10-07-2016, 07:45 PM

1,985 posts, read 2,069,694 times
I agree with you. I took pictures of all of my students that slept during classes and sent them to parents...didn't happen very often once I developed a reputation. Also became a better/less boring teacher in time, so that helped too.

Cameras and accountability keep citizens safer and keep officers from being blamed of corruption.

Old 10-08-2016, 08:36 AM

501 posts, read 529,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essequamvideri View Post
I took pictures of all of my students

It was (is) illegal to do so without written permission. That sounds weird.

I developed a reputation.

I can see why. I bet lots of people wondered about your hidden cameras.

Also became a better/less boring teacher in time, so that helped too.

LOL .

Cameras and accountability keep citizens safer and keep officers from being blamed of corruption.
That's true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: