U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 04:01 PM

27 posts, read 25,334 times

Advertisements

Rancher sounds like someone close to the boys from the Old House, but don't ever expect to see a woman at one of their meetings. Long history of women being excluded in UC politics. They like to keep their women confined to the Sweet Union Republican Women's Club, or serve as the role of secretary. The only women in the graces of these men are the ones who do their bidding.

Yes there's truth to this rumor. Since when does the GOP go against their incumbent? I guess only when it's a woman.
I have heard them say the party leaders should always support their Republicans in office. This kind of goes against that, wouldn't you say? And their excuse of a democrat sympathizer is just that...an excuse. One of the men they are planning on endorsing campaigned for the black female democrat who beat their Old House candidate last time. Yeah, I would say the GOP are showing their hatred for women here.

Last edited by MagicMirror; 10-16-2016 at 04:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2016, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancher4life View Post
Is this driven by the board of education people who resigned? I was told that Collins and Stewart were forced to resign because of their hatered for women. Both are on the record bullying and harassing women. Collins is also rumored to be an abuser of minority students at Monroe schools. I never understood how he was allowed to serve on that board of education after that.
Talk about stirring the pot. Neither of those men were forced to resign, or have a hatred of women. Back up your facts on the "abuser" comment. That's kind of out there even for you, Rancher.

Old 10-16-2016, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Anytime! Changing party affiliation for the purpose of running for office does demonstrate a lack of integrity. It's for the purpose of deceiving voters.

A public education system should strive for excellence in education. UCPS and the education board has been riddled with scandal since Mary Ellis became the superintendent. Lawsuits, public outbursts by elected officials, questionable business deals, board members filing police reports against the superintendent, superintendent investigated by the SBI, superintendent conducting secret business with a vendor, controversial redistricting, children burned do to lack of simple bus maintenance, allegations of harassment and threats, allegations of money missing, disgraced resignations and so on and so on. Shall I continue?

Just stating the facts. As for my opinion, I'm happy to share anytime.
Rancher, you might want to check the party history of Dennis Rape and Gary Sides then. You must be a newcomer who doesn't know the history.

Old 10-16-2016, 05:16 PM

161 posts, read 152,578 times
Why so worked up and defensive magic mirror? I'm not getting into this silliness with you. Keep spreading all this craziness.

Good people of Union County, here is a great example of the division that politicians (and wanna be politicians) like CHRISTINA HELMS and AMELIE SCHOEL create. Just look at the behavior of their surrogates. Our schools and county have been decimated by these people, Kevin Stewart, Mary Ellis, John Collins, and Richard Yercheck. Vote wisely

Last edited by Rancher4life; 10-16-2016 at 05:36 PM..

Old 10-16-2016, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Why so worked up and defensive magic mirror? I'm not getting into this silliness with you. Keep spreading all this craziness.

Good people of Union County, here is a great example of the division that politicians (and wanna be politicians) like CHRISTINA HELMS and AMELIE SCHOEL create. Just look at the behavior of their surrogates. Our schools and county have been decimated by these people, Kevin Stewart, Mary Ellis, John Collins, and Richard Yercheck. Vote wisely
Oh my dear, I think you are the one taking things a little too personal. It gives you away...

I'll give you a few more years to learn the silliness of UC politics and the local GOP. The leaders are all washed out former politicians trying to remain relevant. Check out the history of Roger Stanton, John Steward, David Scholl. Stanton trying to recover through his wife, and even Darlene Zamer and Pam Hadley trying to show their face again. One day Richard Helms and Lance Simpson will join their ranks. All hanging on to the illusion of power that was never given to them by the Old House. It's all a silly game some of us enjoy to watch.

Old 10-16-2016, 06:41 PM

Wow

Old 10-17-2016, 07:31 AM

631 posts, read 736,163 times
This again?

Didn't the GOP prop up HK Stewart a few years ago for the BOE? That seemed to work out well for everyone involved....

Old 10-17-2016, 07:43 AM

2,156 posts, read 2,355,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLogical View Post
This again?

Didn't the GOP prop up HK Stewart a few years ago for the BOE? That seemed to work out well for everyone involved....

The UC GOP picks a different "patsy" for each election cycle. Once the "patsy" learns the facts, the GOP moves on to more pliable clay to mold. Looks as if DR is the latest piece of clay.

Old 10-17-2016, 04:13 PM

This post is POSITIVELY silly. I don't really see the value in posting a rumor in the form of question. That is nothing more than spreading gossip. Getatag you seem to be very certain knowledgeable of a great many workings of county politics. Most especially the education board and UCPS. Why not go to the source for answers to your questions. This reminds me of my 7th grade HOMEROOM class. Kid named John was always starting trouble, but would hide behind others to do his dirty work. He was eventually exposed.

Old 10-17-2016, 05:11 PM

631 posts, read 736,163 times
Speaking of HK, he had a lot of people in an uproar over his vulgar language, treatment of women, lies, deceit, violent nature, and condescending tone. What percent of the people that hated him so much will be voting for Trump?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or