U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 05:46 PM

161 posts, read 152,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLogical View Post
Speaking of HK, he had a lot of people in an uproar over his vulgar language, treatment of women, lies, deceit, violent nature, and condescending tone. What percent of the people that hated him so much will be voting for Trump?
Good point and nice deflection.

I'm trying to book a Disney vacation. Can anyone on here recommend one? I am looking for someone who really specializes in Disney trips.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2016, 05:47 PM

2,154 posts, read 2,351,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancher4life View Post
This post is POSITIVELY silly. I don't really see the value in posting a rumor in the form of question. That is nothing more than spreading gossip. Getatag you seem to be very certain knowledgeable of a great many workings of county politics. Most especially the education board and UCPS. Why not go to the source for answers to your questions. This reminds me of my 7th grade HOMEROOM class. Kid named John was always starting trouble, but would hide behind others to do his dirty work. He was eventually exposed.

Certainly no more knowledgeable than you Rancher.
If the question/rumor (whatever you'd like to call it) is erroneous, please enlighten the masses. After all, that's why I started this thread.
I did go to a few GOP members and asked this very questions. They couldn't answer it either way. There must be a reason for doing whatever will be done tomorrow night. Special meeting and all. Heck, maybe you are right, it's all rumor. We can all wait and see. I certainly don't think a few people on the city-data forum have the "punch" to change it.

You must have been very advanced and perceptive to understand the behind the scenes workings of your 7th grade class, maybe you were that little Johnny that exposed himself.

Old 10-17-2016, 06:31 PM

631 posts, read 735,972 times
Quote:
Good point and nice deflection.

I'm trying to book a Disney vacation. Can anyone on here recommend one? I am looking for someone who really specializes in Disney trips.
Wasn't meant to be a deflection, just an observation. No clue where you're going with the disneyland stuff. Boondoggle I missed?

Old 10-17-2016, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
Certainly no more knowledgeable than you Rancher.
If the question/rumor (whatever you'd like to call it) is erroneous, please enlighten the masses. After all, that's why I started this thread.
I did go to a few GOP members and asked this very questions. They couldn't answer it either way. There must be a reason for doing whatever will be done tomorrow night. Special meeting and all. Heck, maybe you are right, it's all rumor. We can all wait and see. I certainly don't think a few people on the city-data forum have the "punch" to change it.

You must have been very advanced and perceptive to understand the behind the scenes workings of your 7th grade class, maybe you were that little Johnny that exposed himself.
I didn't mean to strike a nerve. Making an observation about your inside knowledge of who attends meetings since there are no public records. Given your relationships with GOP members, I find it odd you didn't ask them first before posting your "question".

Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
I have no indication that Collins or Stewart have any connection to the GOP hierarchy in Union County. They are both registered Republicans, but that's as much as I can find out. I see no record of either of them attending GOP functions or executive meetings. I know several of the GOP faithful and they tell me neither of them has attended a meeting in recent years.

I'm more concerned about how a large body could possibly vote not to support two GOP registered candidates for an office based on their sex.

Seems like Union County politics is about to take a HUGE step backwards.
It's been fun chatting with you, I've learned much from this conversation. Have a pleasant evening all.

Old 10-17-2016, 06:57 PM

1,985 posts, read 1,382,572 times
This thread is just a bunch of Union county politicians posting anonymously to each other. I love it.

Old 10-17-2016, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essequamvideri View Post
This thread is just a bunch of Union county politicians posting anonymously to each other. I love it.
You win the Best Post award

Old 10-17-2016, 07:25 PM

Quote:
I didn't mean to strike a nerve. Making an observation about your inside knowledge of who attends meetings since there are no public records. Given your relationships with GOP members, I find it odd you didn't ask them first before posting your "question".

It's been fun chatting with you, I've learned much from this conversation. Have a pleasant evening all.
Striking a nerve must mean a different thing to you than others on this forum.

I believe I mentioned it previously, but I did ask those I know.

Definitely enjoyed our exchange. Always good to see other viewpoints.

Get'cha an RC and a Moonpie and relax a bit.

Old 10-18-2016, 01:05 PM

27 posts, read 25,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essequamvideri View Post
Or spouses of UC politicians.

I heard the Dems called for a media intrusion tonight. I will be grabbing my popcorn for the 11:00 news.

Old 10-18-2016, 05:15 PM

1 posts, read 455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMirror View Post
Or spouses of UC politicians.

I heard the Dems called for a media intrusion tonight. I will be grabbing my popcorn for the 11:00 news.
Why would democrats be interested in who republicans endorse? This sounds fishy.

Old 10-19-2016, 03:52 AM

So the GOP voted to exclude the two women. Appears the main reason for one of the exclusions was a previous registration as a Democrat.

No reason for the other decision, and against an incumbent they begged to run 4 years ago.

One of the women showed up and was questioned.

A questions asked:

Have you ever voted for a Democrat.

Answer:
I always vote for the person I believe to be best qualified for the position.

Now mind you both of these women are running for a non-partisan position on the ballot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or