U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 09:50 AM

191 posts, read 317,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultgar View Post
My wife wants to stay here in NJ......we are looking to downsize and if we could find something like our home in Mooresville, we'd buy it. Closest quality wise to Simonini Builders up here is Toll Brothers. Not completely custom but the buyers to have a lot of options to chose from.

We looked at a community in Scotch Plains NJ.....cost of the home is over $1m (3500-4000 sq ft) but the big difference is taxes and fees. We pay only $3500/yr in Iredell property taxes for our home on 1.5 acres. The property taxes on the new NJ Toll Brothers home (on a 7000 sq ft lot) are $25,000/yr. HOA fees are another $550/mo. I think a lot of people in NJ are tired of the high taxes and looking elsewhere.

Still trying to convince my wife to move to NC but she's not a Trump fan and after last night, it looks like were done.
That's too bad. I hope the fact that you may disagree politically with the owner of the club won't completely discourage you both for enjoying a wonderful neighborhood. Remember only the club is owned by Mr. Trump. I don't anticipate the election results having a negative effect on the neighborhood. We have great schools, low taxes and beautiful homes with wonderful neighbors - a lot more pros than cons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2016, 09:53 AM

191 posts, read 317,560 times
Default Days on market good and bad

While sometimes extended days on market may appear as a blemish, there are also many advantages to listing a home in the off season; such as less inventory and serious buyers! Depending on the price point and the market condition days on market is sometimes expected especially in the luxury market. There simply are not a ton of people who can or are willing to spend a million dollars for a home. As long as there is an open dialogue from the listing agent about why the home has been on the market, it's not always considered a bad home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebalogas View Post
If it sits on the market for too many days, it gets a blemish and looks as if there is a problem. That is probably why she suggested that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or