Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 12:51 PM

183 posts, read 564,975 times

Advertisements

Any opinions on this development? It looks really nice and like a great option for our price range(up to 750k maximum)
THanks
Craig
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 12:53 PM

126 posts, read 410,639 times
Craig
I have friends that are in there. They love it.

Old 02-25-2008, 01:06 PM

1,242 posts, read 4,020,293 times
Default my friend

does house cleaning for a ton of residents there and everyone loves it! Right down the street from me

Old 02-25-2008, 02:20 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,747,576 times
Bonterra has reduced the prices a lot recently to try and spur activity on the available inventory. I like the floorplans a lot, neighborhood too!

Old 02-25-2008, 03:06 PM

183 posts, read 564,975 times
Default Wow!

Sounds good....are the schools there good as well?

Old 02-25-2008, 04:06 PM

396 posts, read 1,625,865 times
If it feeds in to Wesley Chapel Elementary...then YES. In all of our many locations, that school is my favorite. Excellent principal and staff. WC then feeds to Wedding MS and HS; both with excellent reputations and very nice sentiment from my neighbors with kids there.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:50 AM

12 posts, read 28,218 times
Default Quintessa

It's even better now with the shopping coming across the street. Hickory Tavern is slated to break ground next week and be open by October. More shops coming soon. My wife and I love it. Big lots, great neighbors, classy homes, gated community, amenity on the way. We love it.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:19 AM

79 posts, read 233,505 times
Never was crazy about the location. And for your dollar you could definitely be closer to Hwy. 16/ Providence Rd.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:07 AM

12 posts, read 28,218 times
Does Quintessa really have competition in between itself and HWY 16? Highgate is on HWY 16 but is priced well above Quintessa and will be on top of the HWY 16 road widening. Bromely is $2m plus, Hadley Park is nice, but not gated, no amenity, no convenience, no nothing. Waybridge is gated, is nice, no amenity, no convenience, and has well and/or septic, Brookhaven is nice, but if you are going to spend $650k+ for a home, do you want to be surrounded by $300k homes? Brookhaven has amenity but is not gated. Providence Downs South was way overbuilt and is riddled with forelosures and builder out of business and is still priced way above Quintessa. Providence Downs is in Quintessa Price Range but has the same foreclosure and overbuild problem. It will be years before those communities recover and the builders are so small that you'll never hear from them again. Rose Hill is more just a collection of homes on top of a busy road and power lines than a community with no amenity or gate. Stratford Hall is across street from Rose Hill and is also just a collection of homes. Stratford on Providence is priced a lot higher than Quintessa. Victoria Lake is just a street with a cul de sace and like Stratford on Providence is on HWY 16, and will be IN HWY 16 when the road widening is finished. I think you'd be surprised at the values in Quintessa. The builder hasn't killed the neighborhood with discounts but has adjusted to market conditions. I did a lot of shopping before buying in Quintessa, and i thought and still do think it is the best value with a great location, great schools, and now shopping across the street. I will be able to do grocery shopping without taking a left turn!

Old 04-08-2009, 09:25 AM

79 posts, read 233,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazylegs99 View Post
Does Quintessa really have competition in between itself and HWY 16? Highgate is on HWY 16 but is priced well above Quintessa and will be on top of the HWY 16 road widening. Bromely is $2m plus, Hadley Park is nice, but not gated, no amenity, no convenience, no nothing. Waybridge is gated, is nice, no amenity, no convenience, and has well and/or septic, Brookhaven is nice, but if you are going to spend $650k+ for a home, do you want to be surrounded by $300k homes? Brookhaven has amenity but is not gated. Providence Downs South was way overbuilt and is riddled with forelosures and builder out of business and is still priced way above Quintessa. Providence Downs is in Quintessa Price Range but has the same foreclosure and overbuild problem. It will be years before those communities recover and the builders are so small that you'll never hear from them again. Rose Hill is more just a collection of homes on top of a busy road and power lines than a community with no amenity or gate. Stratford Hall is across street from Rose Hill and is also just a collection of homes. Stratford on Providence is priced a lot higher than Quintessa. Victoria Lake is just a street with a cul de sace and like Stratford on Providence is on HWY 16, and will be IN HWY 16 when the road widening is finished. I think you'd be surprised at the values in Quintessa. The builder hasn't killed the neighborhood with discounts but has adjusted to market conditions. I did a lot of shopping before buying in Quintessa, and i thought and still do think it is the best value with a great location, great schools, and now shopping across the street. I will be able to do grocery shopping without taking a left turn!
great analysis crazy legs! I think every sub has its + and -. but point well taken!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte