U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 05:35 AM

26 posts, read 70,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Thank you all for your imput...extremely helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 08:44 AM

2 posts, read 3,499 times
ma2181--I was doing a search about the immigration court in Charlotte and found this thread. I, too, was just hired to work there this fall, so I'm on the hunt for a house as well. I currently live in Raleigh, so I've been to Charlotte a couple time to look with a realtor. I'm trying to sell my house here, so I'm in the same boat as you on that. I'm happy to share my info on the location of the office and how far to certain areas. Ballentyne is super nice, but will likely be more than a 30 min commute to the office (that's my limit).

Old 05-20-2008, 11:31 AM

3,651 posts, read 8,306,484 times
It seems to me Ballantyne is much more within the city/city area itself - isn't it a lot more "urban" - ?

Old 05-20-2008, 11:34 AM

2,560 posts, read 7,720,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill545 View Post
It seems to me Ballantyne is much more within the city/city area itself - isn't it a lot more "urban" - ?
Very suburban. Probably at least 15-18 miles from Uptown. Very built up though. I wouldn't live anywhere near the above listed address.

I would suggest Matthews, Mint Hill, Uptown Charlotte, SouthPark...

Old 05-20-2008, 11:42 AM

4,730 posts, read 17,791,333 times
Ballantyne is in the city limits of Charlotte but seems more suburban.

Old 05-20-2008, 11:48 AM

2 posts, read 3,499 times
Default The burbs

I agree with the suggestion for Matthews and Mint Hill. That's where I'm focusing my search. Should be less than a 30 min commute, without living in a dumpy area. And there is a lot of new development, so it's not that rural anymore. I'd love to find a cute bungalow in Midwood, but so far most of the ones that are in the nice parts are too pricey. I don't have a family, so I'd prefer a bungalow in a trendy neighborhood, but I may be stuck in the burbs again. I have a dog, so I want him to have a yard, which means a townhouse is out. Oh well, the burbs aren't that bad if you can find a young neighborhood.

Old 05-20-2008, 11:51 AM

2,560 posts, read 7,720,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkm0110 View Post
I agree with the suggestion for Matthews and Mint Hill. That's where I'm focusing my search. Should be less than a 30 min commute, without living in a dumpy area. And there is a lot of new development, so it's not that rural anymore. I'd love to find a cute bungalow in Midwood, but so far most of the ones that are in the nice parts are too pricey. I don't have a family, so I'd prefer a bungalow in a trendy neighborhood, but I may be stuck in the burbs again. I have a dog, so I want him to have a yard, which means a townhouse is out. Oh well, the burbs aren't that bad if you can find a young neighborhood.
Mint Hill would be closer...straight out Albemarle Rd or Idlewild Rd. Probably 15-20 minutes in traffic with no wrecks and no rain...Matthews...some parts are probably apporaching 30 in traffic...depending on where in Matthews.

If you lived Uptown you could be there in probably about 15 (reverse traffic)...but I know you are looking for the burbs.

Why not rent the 1st 6 months to 1 yr here and that would give you plenty of time and not make a rush decision? Only drawback is moving twice.

GOOD LUCK!

Old 05-20-2008, 12:16 PM

1,181 posts, read 2,751,226 times
Default Ballantyne for under $300k

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyitaly View Post
my wife and i are looking to relocate from monroe to ballantyne with our two elementary school kids...any advice on nice neighborhoods under 300K and great schools!
Look at Weston Glen, Landen Meadows & South Hampton

Old 05-23-2008, 07:38 AM

26 posts, read 70,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkm0110 View Post
ma2181--I was doing a search about the immigration court in Charlotte and found this thread. I, too, was just hired to work there this fall, so I'm on the hunt for a house as well. I currently live in Raleigh, so I've been to Charlotte a couple time to look with a realtor. I'm trying to sell my house here, so I'm in the same boat as you on that. I'm happy to share my info on the location of the office and how far to certain areas. Ballentyne is super nice, but will likely be more than a 30 min commute to the office (that's my limit).
Actually, I wish the courts would have opened in Raleigh instead of Charlotte. No offense to Charlotte, its just that I have family in Cary. If you have any suggestions as to areas not far from the courts I would greatly appreciate it. My house has yet to sell and am keeping my fingers crossed. I wish you luck and if I make it to Charlotte will need to say hello in person...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte