Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 06:39 AM

352 posts, read 518,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnhagw View Post
I just called to see if I could get the triple play...because i'm paying 45 for road runner, and 40 for cable (through the apt complex, I have to) so thats 85 bucks and the trip play would have been only 89 but the guy said the triple play is the VERY BASIC package of all of them....the cable package sucks and the internet is the slowest speeds they offer the guy said....

I'm so disapointed with tw ...they do nothing to help their currently customers...I ask if there was anything he could do about my internet price and he said no. The last time I talked with someone they at least offered to drop the price a little but I still didn't like that price

someone please help...any other high speed internet services? I don't have a phone line.
TWC is horrible.....i want the NFL network, and of course i cant get it with TWC...therefore, since DSL is better than Cable and with Satelite offering the NFL network, when we move into the new house...we are going with Dish or Direct. Screw TWC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 08:39 PM

43 posts, read 134,378 times
Time Warner Cable in Charlotte is horrible. I have the Turbo Charge Internet service and it is not consistent. Time Warner throttles their cable internet service. So if you expect to do anything besides surf webpages you will be disappointed. If you need to do business or want to download anything you will be slowed down to dial up speeds. Use google to search for Time Warner cable throttling. They keep it on the down low but when you are pulling your hair out because the service is dragging you will see. They claim blazing fast speeds but because of throttling you will not get what you are paying for.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:36 AM

4,010 posts, read 10,211,316 times
Quote:
Charlotte, NC for windstream.

Currently, the product or service you requested is not available in your area.

If I want DSL I have to get a phone line right? I don't have a phone line, I use a cell
No you don't need land line phone service to get DSL. Since you live in Charlotte, you will get this from AT&T, though you may also be able to arrange it through a 3rd party. AT&T sells what they call "naked DSL" which is DSL without phone service. It's relatively cheap and it isn't loaded down with fees and taxes.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:32 PM

26 posts, read 78,653 times
I have Cricket Wireless Broadband...you have to buy the modem up front and pay an activation fee, about $140 total for both (first month is free), and then $40 a month after that. Since it's wireless you don't have to run a coax cable or a phone line to you computer. It is quite a bit slower than Roadrunner or DSL, but if you have a laptop or go to a friends house you can take the modem with you and still get internet service as long as you are in the coverage area (pretty much the Charlotte metro area, and up thru Greensboro - Raleigh). It has only been down once since I had it in April, and that was overnight. I never did call to find out what the problem was, it was back up the next morning.

Old 08-21-2009, 06:37 AM

646 posts, read 1,156,722 times
So, fig, what would you recommend instead of TWC?

Old 08-21-2009, 06:57 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,036,775 times
Quote:
I can not get satellite anything because the apt people forbid it.
they cannot do that. bring them the regs that were posted earlier

Old 08-21-2009, 07:34 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,315,040 times
I realize this is an old thread, but...

I recently changed from AT&T DSL (6Mb) & Time Warner Cable (full HD, two DVRs) to the AT&T U-verse service (18Mb data, 450 channels, 105 being HD) and totally love it.
The whole house DVR is just awesome - my wife really loves that.

Bye bye Time Warner, you will never get me back as a customer.

The AT&T U-verse is super fast and the picture quality, both HD & SD, is much better than I ever got out of cable, and I have been a TWC customer for 20ish years.

Absolutely no connection with AT&T, just a satisfied customer.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:42 AM

852 posts, read 2,468,060 times
Mullman, I have been thinking about changing from TWC myself. What is the whole house DVR thing - sounds fabulous.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:18 AM

1 posts, read 2,566 times
TWC Sucks and this guy is looking for broadband NOT DSL ,,, man I havent been able to find naything thats in the price range you and I are looking for

Old 10-08-2009, 12:42 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,951,581 times
Mullman did you have to pay TWC a fee to get out of your digital cable contract?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte