U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-26-2008, 01:17 PM
 
Location: Way up high
14,123 posts, read 20,884,550 times
Reputation: 14466

Advertisements

I believe most of the clubs are in Uptown? I'm looking for something with current mixed music and a good crowd. Don't want to have to worry about safety. Also, if any offer bottle service?? Any recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-26-2008, 01:22 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
452 posts, read 1,218,004 times
Reputation: 140
Himain I went to Cans - No dance club but really cool place on graham st
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2008, 01:24 PM
 
Location: Uptown CLT (4th Ward)
2,560 posts, read 7,718,743 times
Reputation: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I believe most of the clubs are in Uptown? I'm looking for something with current mixed music and a good crowd. Don't want to have to worry about safety. Also, if any offer bottle service?? Any recommendations?
Hom (pronounced Home) on W. 5th St at N. Tryon St is the spot now.

Forum is at 6th & College.

The best clubs keep getting shut down by the Police. We use to have Eden/Lava but it was shut down a month or so ago.

If you like the underground scene...then go to The Charlotte Underground at 4205 Monroe Rd right near Wendover Rd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2008, 01:26 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
452 posts, read 1,218,004 times
Reputation: 140
Well my clubing days are over....once in a blue moon..Im more the going out to dinner, movie, maybe even a nice cigar or drink lounge. Well lets hope we can get a babysitter cuz im miami i have my sister, that all gone when i move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2008, 01:32 PM
 
Location: Uptown CLT (4th Ward)
2,560 posts, read 7,718,743 times
Reputation: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdiovany View Post
Well my clubing days are over....once in a blue moon..Im more the going out to dinner, movie, maybe even a nice cigar or drink lounge. Well lets hope we can get a babysitter cuz im miami i have my sister, that all gone when i move.
My clubbing days are winding down too. I am REALLY into to music scene. Not the drugs. Stupid people selling and doing drugs out in the open is what has caused clubs to be shut down. Like there are not drugs in all types of clubs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2008, 01:36 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
452 posts, read 1,218,004 times
Reputation: 140
Thats why im looking to huntersvill, lake norman, university city....I want to live the simple life. Raise my kids in a nice community where people say hello, where people dont honk at you, where you can let you kids place outside without thinking something is going to happen. The hell with South beach, coconut grove , las olas, to me theve been shut down
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2008, 01:42 PM
 
Location: Uptown CLT (4th Ward)
2,560 posts, read 7,718,743 times
Reputation: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdiovany View Post
Thats why im looking to huntersvill, lake norman, university city....I want to live the simple life. Raise my kids in a nice community where people say hello, where people dont honk at you, where you can let you kids place outside without thinking something is going to happen. The hell with South beach, coconut grove , las olas, to me theve been shut down
That is why we want to live in Sunny Isles. It is part of Miami Beach but a different world away!

And you have easy access to all that Miami-Dade & Broward have to offer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2008, 05:11 PM
 
Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
9,114 posts, read 15,670,466 times
Reputation: 3695
Guys, if any of you can get a babysitter for the night, I'd recommend going out w/another couple and hit the breakfast club.....its an 80's type club...right off of 7th by the arena...

DW was out on the floor cutting it up to Rick James and co., while I was people watching the whole night...it was freakin hilarious.....great time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2008, 10:30 PM
 
120 posts, read 333,054 times
Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Guys, if any of you can get a babysitter for the night, I'd recommend going out w/another couple and hit the breakfast club.....its an 80's type club...right off of 7th by the arena...

DW was out on the floor cutting it up to Rick James and co., while I was people watching the whole night...it was freakin hilarious.....great time!
Cutting the floor to Rick James sounds like a really good time. This sounds like a really fun place!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2008, 06:41 AM
 
Location: Way up high
14,123 posts, read 20,884,550 times
Reputation: 14466
Thanks for the info..Every once in a while I just get the craving to go out and shake it!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top