U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 06:42 AM

1,350 posts, read 3,301,870 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about the Lincoln County School District? Particularly the Pumpkin Center Elementary, North Lincoln Middle and North Lincoln High Schools. I already looked on the NC School Report Card website and Rate Schools. I am interested in real people opinions.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2008, 10:54 AM

22,974 posts, read 58,465,585 times
You are choosing a good location. Lincoln County Schools as you have seen rate high in their quality of education. My pookie went to North Lincoln and they must have a strong reading program because that is all pookie does in the spare time from work.

I had a conversation with them about Lincoln schools and they told me you really can not go wrong with that system. East Lincoln a little more crowding issues but Lincoln County controls it growth so that infrastructure needs are met.

Lincolton High is most urban of the schools.
The people are down to earth , I think you will like it there.
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/coastal-north-carolina/"]Coastal [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/western-north-carolina/"]Western [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/charlotte/"]Charlotte [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/york-lancaster-counties/"]York & Lancaster[/URL]

[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html"]Terms of Service. No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks[/URL]

Old 02-27-2008, 08:23 PM

11 posts, read 31,078 times
Default Responding to your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssd3 View Post
Does anyone know anything about the Lincoln County School District? Particularly the Pumpkin Center Elementary, North Lincoln Middle and North Lincoln High Schools. I already looked on the NC School Report Card website and Rate Schools. I am interested in real people opinions.
Thanks
Responding to your Post, I live in Charlotte but my daughter goes to Lincolnton Charlter School and I find it to be a great school. Mecklenburg
School was not working for her because the school she went to was a Junior High and some of the Kids have no respect for themself or others. I tried to get her into the better schools in charlotte but it was like pulling tooth. They just don't give transfers just like that and the Charter School that I tried to get her in that is located in charlotte which is a good school also but the waiting list is so long she would have finished high schoo and graduated by the time they called her. So my husband makes that commute everyday to take her to school and it is a hour away but let me tell you it is worth it.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:34 PM

38 posts, read 105,187 times
I actually have collaborated on various levels with Pumpkin Center....Great Administrators, Staff, Students.....!

Old 02-28-2008, 06:48 AM

Thanks everyone, you have helped reassure me that I made the right choice.

Old 02-28-2008, 01:04 PM

532 posts, read 1,565,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willgrace225 View Post
Responding to your Post, I live in Charlotte but my daughter goes to Lincolnton Charlter School and I find it to be a great school.

We also made that decision when it was time for my son to go to High School. At the time, I didn't have confidence in the principal of the HS and I looked for alternatives. We also chose Lincoln Charter School in Denver. I think if you ask my son, he will tell you that, though he wasn't too thrilled with the decision when it happened, it was probably the BEST decision we could have made for him. (I've actually ready this in some of the essays he's submitted for college applications.) We lived in Charlotte and I made the long commute to get him to school in the morning and pick him up in the afternoon... and I work in South Charlotte! I felt like I was in the car more than I was at work or home! LCS now has a more expanded bus service. Had the (expanded) bus service been put in place a few years ago, we probably would not have moved to Denver. We moved to Denver to make it easier to get him to and from school and he would be closer to friends and school activities. But now that we're settled, I love the smaller town feeling.

Old 02-28-2008, 01:12 PM

452 posts, read 1,216,304 times
where is this lincoln charter school? sorry im moving to charlotte dont know

Old 02-28-2008, 03:04 PM

532 posts, read 1,565,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdiovany View Post
where is this lincoln charter school? sorry im moving to charlotte dont know
North of Charlotte (travel up HWY 16) there is a little town called Denver. Lincoln Charter School actually has three campuses now. One is in Lincolnton (and is quite a hike from Charlotte) that has a K-8 program. Two campuses are in Denver. One is a K-5 program and the other is the 6-12. DM me if you need more details.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:25 AM

6 posts, read 37,802 times
We are looking to move to Lincoln County so DS can start K there. How hard is it to get into Lincoln Charter School? What are the benefits of charter schools? Are the public schools in Lincoln County good in case we can't get in? (Catawba Springs, St James) Once a child is in the charter school, do they let other siblings in more easily?

Old 02-23-2009, 07:54 AM

I can only tell you about the Pumpkin Center School. We are very happy with our school and have been told by everyone we meet that this is an excellent school and the reason why most people choose to live in this area. I really don't think you would need to go to a charter school if you can get into any of the schools in the Denver or Pumpkin Center area. I think the charter schools are for people who live in areas that don't have access to the great schools we have out here. If you get a chance to visit, call our school and set up an appointment to meet our principle and see the school. I think you will be impressed. We came from an excellent school system in NJ and feel this is very comparable. My son is in first grade and I will have another son in kindergarten in fall 2010. I ask my son everyday when I pick him up, "how was your day?" he always responds "awesome!!!!" He did not want to move here nor did he want to go to a new school but he loves it. He excels in reading so they immediately put him in a program for advanced readers and they always challenge him. He is also an excellent speller, so the teacher created a special program just for him but also benefits the other children if they do well on their regular spelling test.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte