Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2008, 01:11 PM

11 posts, read 40,802 times

Advertisements

We are relocating from Cleveland this summer, and my daughter is really into dance lessons and getting pretty good for a young age. She goes to one of the best dance schools in the area and loves it. I am looking for any information about good, reputable dance schools in the Matthews or Ballantyne area, preferably one that is certified by Dance Masters of America?

Any info would be so appreciated as I know at least here in Cleveland, there are lots of dance schools but many are not very good!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2008, 01:15 PM

100 posts, read 354,684 times
We love Steps n Motion.

Old 05-04-2008, 07:44 PM

529 posts, read 1,978,804 times
My almost 3 year old just started at Fancy Feet Dance Studio on Matthews. They have been around forever. Also there is Weir Dancing in Matthews that has a pretty good reputation. Fancy Feet Dance Studio - Ballet, Jazz, Lyrical, Hip Hop, Gymnastics, Boys, Competition, Adults, Children and Weir Dancin' a Star Dance Production LLC

Old 05-05-2008, 04:40 AM

11 posts, read 40,802 times
Thanks for the info. I am going to check all of these places out.

Old 05-05-2008, 05:04 AM

513 posts, read 2,111,280 times
Miller Street Dance Academy at Providence Rd and Ardrey Kell is excellent. I know many people that go there. Voted Best Dance School by Charlotte Parent Magazine.
Welcome to Miller Street!

Old 07-23-2008, 04:18 PM

3 posts, read 21,262 times
Sorry this is a little late. Miss Donna's School of Dance is in Charlotte near Matthews and there are a lot of kids that come from the ballentyne and matthews area. It has been around for 53 years and is an incredible studio. The competitions teams are incredible and win all across the state at many competitons like Star Systems, Showstopper, KAR, Nexstar, Encore, and many others. We just got back from nationals where we took home several national titles. Miss Donna's is a great studio with amazing teachers and talented dancers. The studio is actually expanding this year and adding another dance room. Check out some of the videos on youtube of our award winning dances and I hope you choose to come to Miss Donnas!

YouTube - Come Down To Me- Senior Lyrical Dance -sr lyrical small group from 2007

YouTube - Different Party- Junior Jazz Dance -jr jazz large group from 2007

YouTube - Teen Jazz "River Deep"- Showstopper 1st Overall -jazz production from 2007 won first at every competition including nationals!

YouTube - Senior Lyrical- "Insenstive" Showstopper 1st Overall -sr lyrical large group from 2008

YouTube - Get Your Freak On- -sr jazz line from 2007

YouTube - PBN'J -mini tap small group from 2008

YouTube - All I Need -sr lyrical line from 2007

YouTube - Teen Jazz "Don't Pass Me By" - Showstopper 1st Overall 2008 -jazz production from 2008

Old 07-25-2008, 06:25 PM

240 posts, read 731,888 times
Smile dance classes

Matthews Ballet located in the Matthews Community Center.

Town of Matthews

Dance Director is from London, England and holds the Royal Academy of Dance Teaching Diploma.

They offer ballet, jazz, hip hop and modern.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte