U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 09:11 PM

1 posts, read 2,286 times

Advertisements

Should Mr. Land be allowed to blast anything he can get his hands on? What about heavy artillery? Of course not -- that would be illegal for other reasons. But where do you draw the line? I would say that firing anti-tank guns may be extending beyond the limits of the law in which he is claiming protection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2008, 09:57 PM

575 posts, read 1,352,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxhawMan View Post
Should Mr. Land be allowed to blast anything he can get his hands on? What about heavy artillery? Of course not -- that would be illegal for other reasons. But where do you draw the line? I would say that firing anti-tank guns may be extending beyond the limits of the law in which he is claiming protection.
While were at it lets try to close that landing strip that boarders Weddington Chase.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:22 AM

1,031 posts, read 2,148,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondplayer View Post
While were at it lets try to close that landing strip that boarders Weddington Chase.

Don't worry, its coming... Might impact property values or those crashing planes might interupt little Tiffany, Chase or Colton's nap time....

Old 03-23-2008, 09:30 PM

823 posts, read 2,546,199 times
Quote:
What municipality would that be anyway? Marvin? Unincorporated?

marvin, nc - Google Maps

Old 03-24-2008, 06:07 AM

1,142 posts, read 1,919,727 times
Weddington

Old 03-24-2008, 07:43 AM

232 posts, read 655,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinman View Post
What municipality would that be anyway? Marvin? Unincorporated?

marvin, nc - Google Maps

this picture of google maps is old.....Blakeney is already developed today, (i.e Target) however in the picture its just a lot of land

Old 03-24-2008, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongirl View Post
this picture of google maps is old.....Blakeney is already developed today, (i.e Target) however in the picture its just a lot of land
The map link is near the intersection of New Town and Crane. It might be an old picture but the runway is still there.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:18 AM

7,930 posts, read 17,803,940 times
weddington chase is now incorporated marvin...they were recently annexed into Marvin

Old 03-25-2008, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Are we talking about the same landing strip? When I saw the news report I assumed the strip being referred to was just north of New Town along Crane Road near the intersection of Crane and Silver Charm Lane. This is only about a mile or so from Weddington Chase. Is there a landing strip in or near Weddington Chase. I was looking on the satellite photos but didn't see one.

This is totally off topic I know but I'm confused and I get hung up on details. Sorry mod

Old 03-25-2008, 07:58 PM

4,761 posts, read 6,446,375 times
If bullets were "whizzing over peoples' heads" the ATF would be out there in a friggin' heartbeat taking the Dr. to prison. I saw one post from someone claiming to be an NRa member, but I haven't seen one from anyone who claims to know NFA laws.

I'm pretty sure the chief law enforcement officer has to sign off on the weapon being in his/her county.

If there was any truth to the stray bullets, there would be a lot less of this story being heard because it would be over and Land would be trying to pony up bond and attorneys' fees.

There are numerous accounts of NFA owners dealing with the ATF on the internet. Look them up.

I think the only way this will end is if an ordinance is passed banning the using of firearms in town/city limits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte